BELLE MASQUE TERRACE
The Belle Masque- 3rd Floor Terrace is a roof top gathering and event space that highlights a beautiful vista of the Villanova campus and particularly the St. Thomas of Villanova Church.
The Belle Masque 3rd Floor Terrace and Lobby is named after Villanova University’s first student theatre group- originally called the Belle Masque Society. It was formed in 1931 and lasted through the early 1970s. Many of the Belle Masque Society's early productions were held in the Jake Nevin Fieldhouse. Eventually, the Bell Masque Society moved into a converted lecture hall with bleacher seating. This performance space was originally called the Playbox and then it became known simply as Vasey Theatre.
The Belle Masque Society predates the Villanova University Theatre Department, which began in 1958.