Uwill: 24/7 Telehealth Counseling
Villanova has partnered with Uwill, a leading mental health platform for colleges and universities available to Villanova students.
What is Uwill?
Uwill is a leading mental health and wellness solution that allows students the ability to connect quickly with licensed mental health counselors based on their unique needs and preferences.
- 24/7 telehealth counseling
- Availability of appointments 24/7
- Counseling services at no cost for students
- A secure and convenient path to clinical services beyond the usual University Counseling Center hours, including evenings and weekends
*The Uwill telehealth platform and the counselors working within the platform are not controlled or supervised by Villanova.
Questions? Learn More About Uwill
Uwill is available to Villanova students in all program levels who are enrolled in any credit-bearing course or degree program.
Uwill is available 24/7.
- Access the Uwill platform (https://app.uwill.com/) and complete your profile using your Villanova email address.
- Once you complete the registration process, you will receive an email confirmation.
- After confirming your email address, you may select a counselor and schedule an appointment.
Most students have their first session within 24 hours of registering
The counselors in the Uwill network are all licensed mental health professionals with extensive clinical experience who possess one of the following credentials or similar:
- Doctoral Level Licensed psychologists (Ph.D., Psy.D. or the state’s equivalent of an independently licensed psychologist)
- Master’s Level Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW, or the state’s equivalent of an independently licensed social worker)
- Master’s Level Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT – or the state’s equivalent of an independently licensed marriage and family therapist)
- Master’s Level Licensed Counselors (LPC, LPCC – or the state’s equivalent of an independently licensed counselor)
Uwill is designed to help students facing a variety of mental health concerns, including depression, stress, anxiety, trauma, specific relationship problems, family concerns, academic performance difficulties, loneliness, and sleep disturbance, among others.
You may select your own counselor from an offering of licensed mental health counselors based on your unique needs and preferences (including topic, gender, language, and ethnicity), and you may choose a time that fits your schedule (day, night, weekend).
Yes, you can change your counselor at any time.
Counselors using the Uwill platform generally take a solutions-oriented, holistic perspective to treatment with a focus on providing specific coping skills to address the issues you are facing. To accomplish this, counselors use a variety of approaches including but not limited to: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Mindfulness-Based Therapy.
The first session is by telehealth (phone or video). Following your first session, you may choose the appointment type (video/phone, scheduled chat, messaging).
Cost and Credits
There is no cost to students to use Uwill.
All actively enrolled Villanova students are provided 90 Uwill credits. If you use all of these credits then you may be eligible to receive 90 additional credits as part of a pool of shared credits. These credits are distributed automatically based on availability/supply; you do not need to make any requests to access these credits.
Uwill sessions equate to a specific amount of credits and credits are provided to you by Villanova. You receive 90 credits with the option for an additional 90 credits available per year.
Credits work as follows:
Video/Phone (30-minute session) = 30 credits
Scheduled Chat (15-minute session) = 15 credits
Messaging (2-way exchange) = 5 credits.
If you need to cancel, it is important that you do so 24 hours before your scheduled appointment or you will be charged credits.
If you have used 180 credits and/or are unable to book an appointment and would like additional credits, please contact the University Counseling Center to make a request for additional credits.
Yes, credits expire on August 3, 2023.
Yes, Uwill is HIPAA and FERPA compliant.
For best performance, we recommend you use Chrome browser to access Uwill.
In a Crisis...
Whether you are on- or off-campus, crisis help is available 24/7/365 including during school breaks.
Campus Resources available for any crisis:
- University Counseling Center: open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., or call 610-519-4050 for a same-day appointment.
- Public Safety (24/7): 610-519-4444
- Student Health Center (24/7 when classes are in session): 610-519-4070
- Uwill 24/7/365 crisis phone line at 833-646-1526
- Your RA for on-campus residents
If you are having a medical emergency:
- call Public Safety (on-campus)
- 911 (off-campus)
- or visit your local emergency room