The Aquatics Department currently operates one competition-size swimming pool. The Pavilion Pool is located in the Davis Center. The facility features a ten-lane by 25 yard/eight-lane by 25 meter swimming pool. It also includes a diving well and facilities for the diving team. The facility is available during recreational swim to anyone with a University issued ID including Friends of Villanova members.
The Pavilion Pool and Locker Rooms feature card readers at each entrance. A valid Wildcard will be required to access these areas at all times.
Those using the pool must leave their University-issued identification card with the lifeguard prior to swimming and reclaim it when finished utilizing the pool area.
POLICIES & RULES
- Students & Friends of Villanova members may only use lockers for daily use and may not store equipment overnight. Unauthorized locks kept on overnight will be removed regularly and locker contents discarded.
- Faculty & Staff may use lockers on a daily basis. If storing items overnight, you must register for a long-term locker and a University-issued lock at the Equipment Room (Villanova ID required). Unauthorized locks will be removed regularly and locker contents discarded.
- The Equipment Room is open 10 a.m.—5 p.m. (M-F) and is located in the ground floor of the Talley Athletic Center.
- There is no charge for the University-issued lock or use of the locker.
- If you forget your University-issued lock combination, please visit the Equipment Room or contact Public Safety after hours at 610.519.6979.
- NEVER SWIM WITHOUT A LIFEGUARD ON DUTY.
- Wildcards MUST be presented and left with guards during swim time.
- Diving entries are NOT allowed without lifeguard permission.
- NO jumping into the pool without lifeguard permission.
- NO eating, drinking, or smoking on the pool deck. Food and beverages must remain in the bleachers, with the sole exception of water bottles.
- GLASS CONTAINERS ARE NEVER ALLOWED IN THE ACQUATICS FACILITY.
- NO running, roughhousing, or other unsafe behavior allowed on the water deck OR in the water.
- NO bikes, roller blades, or skateboards; only service animals are allowed.
- Abusive or profane language will not be tolerated.
- Showers are required before entering the pool.
- Recreational swimming is ONLY permitted during the designated times as posted on the board and website.
Note that at times during the year, lane space may be limited.
- Proper swim attire must be worn at all times. (No garments that become see-through when wet).
- Swim equipment, such as kickboards and paddles, will be restricted at the discretion of the lifeguards.
- Please observe lap swim etiquette. Lifeguards WILL enforce etiquette as necessary.
- Circle swim should ALWAYS go counterclockwise (always swimming on the right-hand side) when 2 or more swimmers are sharing a lane. Swim around the black lines on the bottom of the pool.
- Diving boards are NEVER to be used, except for competitive diving team practices, or with the express permission of the Aquatics Coordinator.
- Other pool equipment such as starting blocks, pull up bars, and water polo goals are for varsity and club athletics ONLY.
- NO squirt guns or hard balls (tennis balls, etc.) are allowed in the pool facility. All toys are restricted at the lifeguard’s discretion.
- Lifeguards have TOTAL authority over those using the pool area and may enforce situational rules as needed.
- Check signs and web site for changes in schedules.
- Pool personnel are NOT responsible for any personal items brought to the pool.