Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting
The Villanova University Career Center is dedicated to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion. Read about our commitment to supporting underrepresented and minoritized students and alumni in our Diversity Statement.
Interested in communicating your organization’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion when recruiting at Villanova?
Recommended practices include:
- Reviewing your event description and job posting language before your recruiting visit (on-campus or virtual) to consider how it supports diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Sharing information and examples of how your organization celebrates difference and includes people of all identities in your workplace.
- Ensuring inclusion of your organization's employees who self-identify as part of an underrepresented or minoritized population at your event or interview.
- Proactively discussing how your organization embraces diversity and fosters an inclusive work environment that aligns with the mission and vision of the enterprise.
- Engaging students and alumni in meaningful discussion about social identity in the workplace, including navigating race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, ability and generational differences in the professional world.
- Participating in speaker presentations, resume reviews or practice interviews with diverse student organizations.
For additional recruitment tips, explore Building A Diversity Recruiting Strategy: Emphasize Commonality, Inclusion Over Differences from the National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE).