These are the readings Scholars and Mentors discuss during the dinners:
2020–2021 Academic Year:
- Fall 2020—"The Simplification of Life" by Thomas R. Kelly (A Testament of Devotion, Ch. 5)
- Late Fall 2020—"Health is Membership" by Wendell Berry (Delivered as a Speech at the conference "Spitituality and Healing" 1994)
- Winter 2021 - Chapter 1: Encyclical "Fratelli Tutti" - "On Fraternity and Social Friendship"
Leading Questions for Chapter 1 "On Fraternity and Social Freindship"
2019–2020 Academic Year:
- Fall 2019—"Seeking the Place of Conscience in Higher Education: An Augustinian View" by Ian Clausen (edited version of Religions, 2015, 6, 286-298)
- Winter 2020—"Glad Intellectual Dependence on God: A Theistic Account of Intectual Humility" by Peter C. Hill, Kent Dunnington, and M. Elizabeth Lewis Hall. (The Journal of Psychology and Christianity, 2018, 37, No 3, Pages 195-204.
Leading Questions for "Glad Intellectual Dependence on God"
- Spring 2020—"Why Work?" by Dorothy Sayers
2018–2019 Academic Year:
- Fall 2018—"Exiles from Eden: Religion and the Academic Vocation in America" by Mark R. Schwehn (Ch. 3 - Spirited Inquiry)
- Leading Discussion Question for evening
- Late Fall 2018—"A Good Man Is Hard To Find" by Flannery O'Connor
— Audio of Flannery O'Connor reading "A Good Man Is Hard To Find"
- Winter 2018-2019—"The Screwtape Letters: Letters I, II, XXV, XXVII" by C.S. Lewis
—Leading Questions for Screwtape Letters
- Spring 2019—"Letter to an Aspiring Intellectual: Outlines of the Life of the Mind" by Paul J. Griffiths; First Things: May 2018
Leading Questions for "Letter to an Aspiring Intellectual"
2017–2018 Academic Year:
- Spring—"Character and Vocation" by Douglas and Rhoda Jacobsen (Ch. 10 - No Longer Invisible: Religion in University Education)
- Winter—"Why Believe?" by John Cottingham (Ch. 1 - Belief & its Benefits)
- Late Fall—"Habits of the Mind: Intellectual Life as a Christian Calling" by James W. Sire (Ch. VII - The Intellectual Disciplines)
- Fall—"What a Student Owes His Teacher" by James V. Schall, SJ and "Convictions" by Douglas and Rhoda Jacobsen (Ch. 9 - No Longer Invisible: Religion in University Education)
2016-2017 Academic Year:
- Spring 2017—"Courage & Calling: Embracing Your God-given Potential" by Gordon Smith
- Winter 2017—"Augustine and Liberal Education" by Kim Pattenroth and Kevin Hughes (editors)
- Late Fall—"Faith and the Life oif the Intellect" by Curtis Hancock and Brendan Sweetman
- Fall—"St. Augustine: Continuum Library of Educational Thought" by Ryan Topping