These are the readings Scholars and Mentors discuss during the dinners:
2019 - 2020 Academic Year:
- Fall 2019 - "Seeking the Place of Conscience in Higher Education: An Augustinian View" by Ian Clausen (edited version of Religions, 2015, 6, 286-298)
- Winter 2020 - "Glad Intellectual Dependence on God: A Theistic Account of Intectual Humility" by Peter C. Hill, Kent Dunnington, and M. Elizabeth Lewis Hall. (The Journal of Psychology and Christianity, 2018, 37, No 3, Pages 195-204.
Leading Questions for "Glad Intellectual Dependence on God"
- Spring 2020 - "Why Work?" by Dorothy Sayers
2018 - 2019 Academic Year:
- Fall 2018 - "Exiles from Eden: Religion and the Academic Vocation in America" by Mark R. Schwehn (Ch. 3 - Spirited Inquiry)
- Leading Discussion Question for evening
- Late Fall 2018 - "A Good Man Is Hard To Find" by Flannery O'Connor
- Audio of Flannery O'Connor reading "A Good Man Is Hard To Find"
- Leading Questions
- Winter 2018-2019 - "The Screwtape Letters: Letters I, II, XXV, XXVII" by C.S. Lewis
- Leading Questions for Screwtape Letters
- Spring 2019 - "Letter to an Aspiring Intellectual: Outlines of the Life of the Mind" by Paul J. Griffiths; First Things: May 2018
Leading Questions for "Letter to an Aspiring Intellectual"
2017 - 2018 Academic Year:
- Spring - "Character and Vocation" by Douglas and Rhoda Jacobsen (Ch. 10 - No Longer Invisible: Religion in University Education)
- Winter - "Why Believe?" by John Cottingham (Ch. 1 - Belief & its Benefits)
- Late Fall - "Habits of the Mind: Intellectual Life as a Christian Calling" by James W. Sire (Ch. VII - The Intellectual Disciplines)
- Fall - "What a Student Owes His Teacher" by James V. Schall, SJ and "Convictions" by Douglas and Rhoda Jacobsen (Ch. 9 - No Longer Invisible: Religion in University Education)
2016-2017 Academic Year:
- Spring 2017 - "Courage & Calling: Embracing Your God-given Potential" by Gordon Smith
- Winter 2017 - "Augustine and Liberal Education" by Kim Pattenroth and Kevin Hughes (editors)
- Late Fall - "Faith and the Life oif the Intellect" by Curtis Hancock and Brendan Sweetman
- Fall - "St. Augustine: Continuum Library of Educational Thought" by Ryan Topping