POST-BACCALAUREATE NURSE ANESTHESIA DOCTOR OF NURSING PRACTICE
The Nurse Anesthesia Doctor of Nursing Practice degree from Villanova University combines a rich foundation of scientific and theoretical knowledge with extensive clinical experience in the practice of nurse anesthesia and professional leadership.
Villanova University M. Louise Fitzpatrick College of Nursing and Prospect Medical Holdings – Crozer-Chester Medical Center have joined together to offer this track in a unique partnership.
The Nurse Anesthesia DNP is an integral part of the M. Louise Fitzpatrick College of Nursing and has embraced the College's philosophy as its own.
The following competencies were developed to conform to the mission and philosophy of the University and the Fitzpatrick College of Nursing. At the completion of this track, the graduate will be able to:
- Integrate scholarship and clinical experience based upon evidence to support best practices of nurse anesthesia.
- Manage the complexities of anesthesia care from preoperative assessment through the post anesthesia period using all available technologies.
- Analyze issues and trends in healthcare for their impact on the practice of nurse anesthesia.
- Implement the role of a nurse anesthetist to ensure continuity of care and safe, effective practice.
- Implement quality improvement initiatives that conform to AANA’s Professional Practice Standards.
- Analyze the broad context or system within which nurse anesthesia is practiced.
It is the purpose of the nurse anesthesia track to provide the local community and beyond with competent nurse anesthetists. The faculty also believe that the doctorally prepared nurse anesthetists will lead activities that support and enhance the profession of nurse anesthesia. Historically, our students have won various awards at state and national conventions, and participated in local service events to both support the community and to raise awareness of nurse anesthetists.
The Application Portal for the Nurse Anesthesia DNP track January 2023 cohort is open May 1 – October 31.
All applications completed by October 31 will be reviewed by the Admission Committee.