Mental Health and Well-Being Committee
Division of Student Life
Type of Committee: Participatory Group
Committee Reports to: Vice President of Student Life
Charge: The Student Life Mental Health and Well-Being (MHWB) Committee is a standing committee in the Division of Student Life. Comprised of Villanova students, faculty and staff, this group will continue to support and promote the co-curricular student experience as it pertains to mental health and well-being.
Mission: The Student Life Mental Health and Well-Being Committee is committed to supporting and improving individual and community well-being from an inclusive lens to serve the diverse needs of our community through mental health awareness, promoting resources and services, and reducing stigma.
- Unify efforts to improve mental health and well-being across campus through partnerships and enhanced promotion of the MHWB Committee that is comprised of staff and students from various departments, organizations, and groups on campus.
- Enhance resources related to mental health and well-being by addressing needs, increasing awareness, and improving the methods for the promotion for current resources.
- Continue to understand the student experience around mental health and well-being by engaging students in conversation around everyday experiences, measures and resources for students around mental health and well-being.
- Make recommendations to leadership through the Vice President of Student Life.
- Promote and articulate the variety of resources throughout campus related to mental health and well-being.
- Assess student needs and brainstorm the best way to reach students to increase awareness of the variety of resources and services available for students.
- Gather input from students on campus climate related to mental health and well-being.
- Identify needs and gaps and initiate conversations with relevant campus partners to meet the needs/fill gaps.
- Work on various projects that work to reduce stigma and normalize everyday conversations about mental health and well-being.
- Assist with the development, improvement, update, or implementation of student resources related to mental health and well-being.
Mental Health and Well-Being Committee Co-Chairs:
Fr. Bernie Scianna, OSA, PhD
Co-Chair, Senior Associate Dean of Students for Student Support
Candice Post, PsyD
Co-Chair, Staff Psychologist, University Counseling Center
You Matter, We Care
The You Matter, We Care poster campaign was created and developed by the Student Life Mental Health and Well-Being Committee.
There is so much pressure on college students today. Pressure to be liked, be involved on campus, get good grades, and to have it all figured out. This campaign aims to normalize common challenges Villanova students face while highlighting and promoting related resources and services they can access for support. Through this campaign, we want our students to know that YOU MATTER to Villanova, and WE CARE about the development of the whole student—mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, culturally, and socially. The posters will be distributed throughout campus and on social media.