Study Abroad for VSB Students
Villanova School of Business - Major Advising Pages (MAPs)
Major Advising Pages (MAPs) are designed to motivate students to frame their study abroad experience from an academic perspective. Through a series of discussions with departmental chairs, MAPs have been created to assist students in choosing a study abroad program that best fits the goals of the department for their major.
The MAPs are not all inclusive and if a program is not listed for a specific major, it does not limit eligibility to participate in that program. Students should discuss their specific interests with their OEA adviser for additional guidance on choosing an appropriate program.
- A maximum of 60 credit hours are transferable towards a Villanova degree including AP, study abroad, and all other transfer credits.
- Students may not enroll in distance learning courses while abroad.
- Students must confirm their overseas schedule with their OEA advisor and department chair upon enrollment overseas.
- Once in country, students may seek additional course approvals in consultation with OEA and their academic advisors.
- Students must obtain the equivalent of a ‘C’ or better in their overseas courses in order for the credit to transfer back to Villanova. Transfer credit will not affect GPA.
- Four of the six required courses for each major and two of the three required courses for each minor must be taken at Villanova.
- No more than three business courses may be taken while abroad in one semester. An ECO3108 Global Political Economy equivalent is considered an Arts & Sciences core requirement, and does not count toward the three business courses.
- All VSBXXXX courses must be taken at Villanova.
- Accounting courses may not be taken abroad for ACC credit.
- Only one course may transfer to satisfy requirements for Business Analytics and Real Estate co-majors.
- Only one course may transfer to satisfy requirements for any Business concentration.
- If a student completed two years of a foreign language in high school, credit for introductory courses in that language while studying abroad will not satisfy degree requirements, including electives.
- The following core requirements cannot be taken abroad: ACS1000/1001, ETH2050, PHI1000, ENG1050 & THL1000.