The UCO serves to:
- promote and encourage a commitment to compliance with applicable laws and the highest ethical standards in the pursuit of all University activities;
- raise awareness regarding high risk compliance areas and the University policies and processes in place to support these areas;
- utilize an enterprise risk management process to identify and assess risks, and select appropriate management strategies to lessen their possible impact;
- coordinate compliance-related functions and offices throughout campus; and
- assure internal and external stakeholders of the University’s diligence in keeping compliance and ethics considerations at the core of how we conduct ourselves as representatives and stewards of the University and its resources.
Each member of the Villanova University Community of faculty, staff and students is responsible for promoting a culture of compliance with laws, regulations, University policies, and ethical standards. The UCO proactively oversees and coordinates the University’s overall compliance efforts, and is ready to assist the University Community with any compliance-related questions or concerns.