Grounds Maintenance is responsible for maintaining the grounds of the campus, including:
- Landscape management
- Storm management
- Events support
The above services are generally available at no charge to the requesting department.
Our supervisory team for Grounds Maintenance is:
- Jared Rudy, Superintendant of Grounds
- Hugh Weldon, Horticultural Manager
- Al Motel, Manager of Waste & Recycling
- David Wagner, Service Garage Manager
The Grounds Department supports the mission of Villanova University and strives to provide service leadership to the campus community through sustainable stewardship of the campus environment by making it safe, functional and aesthetically pleasing. Through proactive teamwork, we provide quality customer service and hospitality for outdoor learning, living, and working.
Our Vision for the Grounds Department is to complement the strategic planning effort by creating a campus environment wherein Villanova University that will:
- Preserve the historic beauty of the Villanova University campus.
- Educate the campus community about the diversity, environmental benefits and aesthetic qualities of plant materials.
- Provide a sense of direction and purpose in management of the campus landscape.
- Generate a lasting impression upon prospective students, their parents, alumni and all visitors to Villanova's campus.