Grounds Maintenance is responsible for maintaining the grounds of the campus, including:
- Trim lawns, shrubs and trees
- Flood Irrigation
- Remove trash from grounds
The above services are generally available at no charge to the requesting department.
Our supervisory team for Grounds Maintenance is: Jared Rudy, Superintendant of Grounds; Hugh Weldon, Horticultural Manager; Al Motel, Waste & Recycling Manager
The goals of the Grounds division are to complement the strategic planning effort by creating a campus environment wherein Villanova University will:
- Enhance relations with the surrounding community.
- Provide regional and national recognition for Villanova's magnificent trees.
- Provide a sense of direction and purpose in management of the campus landscape.
- Generate a lasting impression upon prospective students, their parents, Alumni and all visitors to Villanova's Campus.
Our mission is to:
- Recall and preserve the historic beauty of the Villanova University campus.
- Provide for the continued beautification of the campus, enhancing the academic environment and establishing the campus as a source of pride within the community.
- Educate the campus community about the diversity, environmental benefits and aesthetic qualities of plant materials.