Multidisciplinary Design Laboratory (MDL)
The MDL provides a unique “in-house co-op” experience for undergraduate engineering teams to collaborate with industry sponsors on senior capstone design projects. Students solve real-world challenges and interact with industry mentors, while sponsors benefit from fresh student perspectives and an inside look at potential new hires.
Sustainable Engineering Consortium (RISE Forum)
An initiative of the College’s graduate program in Sustainable Engineering, the RISE Forum is a vehicle for academic-industry collaboration, where graduate student teams work directly with member companies to identify and advance sustainable engineering practices that not only drive growth and enhance reputation, but help companies manage risk and the bottom line.
Villanova Engineering is home to six Centers of Excellence, which regularly conduct industry-sponsored research:
- Center for Advanced Communications
- Center for Nonlinear Dynamics and Control
- Center for Energy-Smart Electronic Systems
- NovaCell, Center for Cellular Engineering
- Villanova Center for Analytics of Dynamic Systems
- Villanova Center for Resilient Water Systems
The College also has specialized research expertise in the following areas: