ANNUAL CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM
Dear Corporate Partner,
Greetings from Villanova School of Business and the O’Donnell Center for Professional Development (ODC)! The ODC Annual Corporate Sponsorship Program has historically offered your organization the opportunity to gain high profile access to our students and expand involvement in VSB’s career and professional development initiatives throughout the full academic year. As we are all aware, we are entering a new and historic academic year which will be very different from any other at Villanova.
What is NOT changing is our commitment to our valued corporate partners who have previously participated in our Corporate Sponsorship Program. As our way to honor our partnerships with you and to continue to offer you connections to VSB students, we have altered this year’s Corporate Sponsorship Program to meet the challenges of these unprecedented times.
The information below is our plan for the entire academic year (only virtual events both Fall and Spring semesters), but if the situation should change as we enter the Spring semester we will pivot and work with our sponsors to plan appropriate activities in the Spring semester. We do think it is critical to provide our students with exposure to your organizations throughout this Fall semester - and believe we have created some new and innovative ways to accomplish this!
We look forward to working with all of you again this year!
The O’Donnell Center for Professional Development
2020-2021 VSB O’Donnell Center for Professional Development Annual Corporate Sponsorship Program
A Single Level of Sponsorship: $1,000 (Limited to 8 organizations)
Virtual Bartley Takeover – Bartley Hall is the home of Villanova School of Business. Your “Virtual Bartley Takeover” will take place over 3 days (Tuesday - Thursday) either once in the fall semester or once in the spring semester. There are four weeks designated for Takeovers each semester and will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Activities will include:
- VSB Account Instagram Takeover: On the Tuesday and Wednesday of your Takeover Week, you will have exclusive access to VSB’s Instagram account (Villanova Business). We will work with you and your team to develop content, which can include pre-scheduled posts and/or live events (e.g. “Day in the Life” by an employee) on Takeover days.
- Bartley Hall Window Clings: Villanova’s Graphics Department will work with you to create window clings of your company’s logo or other information that you would like to post. The clings will be posted throughout Bartley Hall for viewing by students to keep your organization top of mind.
- Virtual Networking Event: We will work with you to customize an event that will allow virtual face-to-face interaction between your organization’s representatives and VSB students.
VSB Up Close & Personal DEI Event
Sponsors will have an opportunity to work with the ODC, VSB’s Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Strategy and student leaders to develop an experiential or educationally-based program focusing on a DEI initiative. An experiential event provides an opportunity for VSB students to learn more about opportunities within an organization with other members of their social identity group, while an educational opportunity addresses DEI-related topics facilitated in small group settings that will include members of underrepresented and majority students.
Involvement in Backpack-to-Briefcase Professional Development Curriculum
- VSB 2000 Sophomore Professional Development Seminar (Fall or Spring) One representative invited to be a guest speaker in a virtual VSB 2000 class on course-related topics. Sophomores participate in this required seminar focusing on personal brand, interviewing, internship/job search process, networking, DEI in the workplace, business ethics, etc. Your representative will be invited to speak
- VSB 3000: Bartley BriefCASE Challenge (Fall & Spring) One representative invited to serve as a judge for the virtual Bartley BriefCASE Challenge. This course, required of all juniors, includes prep sessions on the topics of written and verbal communication skills, business research methods, core business competencies, team dynamics and leadership, and culminates with an internal case competition, judged by corporate sponsor representatives and other business professionals. The case competitions are held on Saturdays.
Feature of Your Organization’s Handshake Internship Postings
Your internship postings will be included in weekly “Featured Internships” promotions shared with students through VSB outlets, including Bartley digital Screens, targeted emails, and social media accounts.
Your logo will be placed on the Clay Center at VSB/ODC website and Facebook cover photo, as well on multiple Bartley Hall digital screens throughout the academic year.
Villanova Career Center
The O'Donnell Center partners with the Villanova Career Center, which offers comprehensive career development and job search resources to students and alumni of the university.