Thank you for your interest in your professional development. UNIT provides free training to faculty and staff in various training modalities listed below in the chart.
Our 1- to 2-hour training opportunities are listed in the Calendar of Events where you can register to attend.
|Service||Description & How to Obtaining Service
||For Faculty||For Staff|
UNIT offers a wide variety of one- to two-hour hands-on, live instructor-led training workshops to help you advance your computer knowledge and skills.
Available workshops are listed on the University Events Calendar and UNIT's Training Workshops and Training Schedules webpage where you can register. Instructor-led live training in a classroom setting. Register on the VU Events Calendar on the Villanova website homepage.
SkillSoft's Skillport online course catalog for Desktop and IT skills. Request an account from the Help Desk.
UNIT also provides synchronous (live from your desk) opportunities. Register from the VU Events Calendar.
|Job Aids||Our Training Website has many resources to assist you, including: manuals, user guides, web links, and YouTube videos.||YES||YES|
The Center for Instructional Technologies (CIT) provides many resources and services to promote the use of technology in the teaching and learning environment. Included in these services are multimedia development, online teaching and learning resources, video and audio streaming studios, video teleconferencing studios and workshops and seminars that introduce faculty to the various technologies that Villanova provide.
Our mission is to develop and promote the use of technology in the Villanova teaching and learning environment.
UNIT provides several certified trainers or subject matter experts (SMEs) to deliver the training content to you. UNIT's Instructional Technologies Department provides additional classroom technologies training.
Workshops or Resources are offered on:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Apple iPad
- Apple iPhone & iOS
- Apple MacBook
- Apple IOS X Lion Operating System
- Blackboard (See Instructional Technologies)
- Browsers (IE 9, IE 8, FireFox)
- Cognos Query, Reporting & Analytics
- e-Learning (Skillsoft Online Learning)
- Instructional Technologies (Blackboard, Clickers, etc.)
- Intelliworks Administrators
- Microsoft Office Communicator (MOC)
- Microsoft Office Suite 2007 (Access, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Publisher, Visio, Word)
- Microsoft Office Suite 2010 (Access, Excel, InfoPath, OneNote, Outlook, Outlook WebAccess, PowerPoint, Project, Publisher, Visio, Word)
- Microsoft Office Suite 2011 for Apple (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Microsoft Office Suite 2013 - What's New
- NBC Learn (See Instructional Technologies)
- Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 8, Apple Mac OS X, iOS7)
- PC Maintenance
- QR Codes
- Respondus (See Instructional Technologies)
- SalesForce CRM
- Security Awareness
- SharePoint Server 2010
- Social Media (Twitter)
- Webpage Design, Analysis, Authoring Tools (Adobe Day CQ5).
Rose DiSalvo, Web Design Trainer and Subject-Matter Expert
Susan Hill, Banner Trainer and Subject Matter Expert
Bryan Hines, Web Design Trainer and Subject-Matter Expert
Caryl Keet, Banner Trainer and Subject Matter Expert
Catherine Kolongowski, Certified Trainer and Subject-Matter Expert-Instructional Technologies
David Mullen, Oracle Discoverer Trainer and Subject-Matter Expert
Richard Wack, Certified Trainer and Subject-Matter Expert-Instructional Technologies