Submit ticket here.
Passwords for new employee and student UserIDs are randomly generated. Creation of new accounts is run daily and is communicated to the individual user via postal mail explaining the use of the UserID, password, and homepage URL.
All new passwords issued by Villanova will have the following guidelines:
The symbol for exclamation point has been excluded.
If an existing user changes his/her password in the following ways, he/she will then be required to use the new complexity password requirements:
If an existing user does not change his/her password, he/she may keep their current password even if it does not meet the new complexity password requirements
Yes, Beginning in January 2016, the University will be implementing annual password expiration for all Faculty and Staff Villanova accounts.
This University approved policy and process change is part of the ongoing IT Security and Information Protection initiative that follows acknowledged IT security best practices, which protect Villanova University systems, data, network and individual identity information.
All Faculty and Staff will be prompted on an annual basis to change their Villanova password. The process will happen in a phased approach based on the month you last changed your password. Example, if you last changed your password on July 8, 2011, you will now be prompted to change your password on July 8, 2016.
1. Access your Outlook client.
2. In Outlook, click the File tab then click the Mange Rules & Alerts button
3. Within the Rules Wizard window, under the Start from blank rule section, click Apply rule on messages I receive, click Next.
4. Do not check any options but click Next. You will see a pop-up, saying “This rule will be applied to every message that you receive. Is this correct?” – click Yes to accept.
5. Under the question, What do you want to do with the message? Choose “redirect it to people or public group”. The Forward option may be used, but redirect is almost always the better choice.
6. Click on the blue, underlined “people or public group” in the “Step 2” section of the rule window. Enter the email address to forward to in the lower “To” field of the next window. Click OK. Before clicking “Next” see note.
Note: The redirect action only forwards a copy of the incoming mail to the specified destination. The original message will remain in your University Inbox. To avoid a buildup of forwarded/redirected mail in your Inbox, it is recommended that you also check the delete it option within your rule. This will only delete the University copy of the message and not affect the forwarded copy. (Do not check the “permanently delete it” option as this option is a client only action and requires Outlook to be running for it to work.)
7. If you have any exceptions, add them accordingly, otherwise click Next and Finish.
Note: Choosing to redirect email will forward the email with the original senders name in the from field display, however choosing the forward option will display the forwarding recipients name in the “From” field rather than the original sender. Additionally, both methods will also keep a copy on the Exchange server and therefore it is the recipients responsibility to purge the emails on occasion otherwise the users Exchange mailbox will fill up and mail will no longer be forwarded.
You need to login to the Villanova Web Page to view information that is viewable to only Villanova Faculty, Staff, & Students.
Chat Support Hours:
Mondays - Thursdays: 9AM - 7PM
Fridays: 9AM - 4PM
Submit ticket here.
If you are currently experiencing network connection issues, please fill out and submit this form so that we can help troubleshoot this issue.
Student Job Application
Apply for a job working in UNIT
Get connected to the most current and accurate research in the IT industry