COPE and Villanova School of Business (VSB) are hosting a one-day interactive and engaging conference that pairs the evidence-based research on mindfulness and mindful eating techniques used in a healthcare/clinical setting with consumer behavior research on food policy and environment’s impact on food choice.
Created for nurses, nurse practitioners, dietitians, health coaches, business professionals and policy experts, the two-part conference includes The Mind-Environment Connection: Using Mindfulness to Promote Healthy Choices and Eating in Context: Perspectives on the Consumer, the Context, and Policy Drivers of Food-related Decisions.
5 contact hours awarded to nurses and 5 CPEUs awarded to dietitians.
Villanova University College of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Commission on Accreditation. Villanova University College of Nursing Continuing Education/COPE is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
1. Explore the use and application of mindfulness in clinical settings for both practitioner and patient.
2. Learn the basic tenets of mindful eating and how it can help you and/or clients embrace a healthy lifestyle.
3. Break down the practice of mindful eating into easy-to-follow steps.
4. Examine the environmental and cultural influences affecting food consumption and consumer purchasing decisions.
5. Evaluate progress and challenges in developing effective food policy in the United States.