Catholic Relief Services gives active witness to the mandate of Jesus Christ to respond to human needs by:
- responding to victims of natural and man-made disasters
- providing assistance to the poor to alleviate their immediate needs
- supporting self-help programs which involve people and communities in their own development
- helping those it serves to restore and preserve their dignity and to realize their potential
- collaborating with religious and non-sectarian persons and groups of goodwill in programs and projects which contribute to a more equitable society
- helping to educate the people of the United States to fulfill their moral responsibilities in alleviating human suffering, removing its causes and promoting social justice
VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY PARTNERSHIP WITH CRS
In May of 2005, CRS and Villanova University signed a Memorandum of Understanding, a formal agreement to work collaboratively to advance global solidarity through education, research, advocacy and service.
On October 27, 2015 Villanova University and Catholic Relief Services signed a collaborative agreement on activities related to CRS' programming in Madagascar that includes: improving the health and nutrition of pregnant women and children, increasing and diversifying household incomes, alleviating the impact of natural disasters, and accessing clean water, sanitation, and hygiene.