Facultas Award Call for Nominations
Call For Nominations
- To acknowledge and honor the contributions of staff members of the Villanova community, who work
at the university level, as opposed to department, program, or college level.
- To focus attention on the vital, yet often unnoticed, services essential to the smooth and efficient
functioning of the Villanova community, especially the academic faculty.
- To recognize persons who would not otherwise be recognized by other University mechanisms.
- To reinforce among our fellow faculty the importance and diversity of staff support work in all areas
of the University.
Informal Standards and Guidelines:
- The Facultas Award is presented once each year by the Faculty Congress, on behalf
of the faculty as a whole. Prior to 2015-2016, this award was presented twice per year (one award in
the Fall and one award in the Spring)
- The award should go to staff from a variety of areas to recognize their diverse contributions to the
- We will try to choose staff members who are not “high profile”; that is, generally lower in the
- We avoid nominating staff members who have taught as long-term adjunct faculty members.
- Beginning with Fall 2003, the award consists of a plaque plus a Wildcard gift certificate.
- Each year, the Faculty Congress will solicit nominations from the faculty as a whole. Nominations require only a brief statement from a faculty member describing the service for which the nominee deserves the award. Based on these statements, the Congress Awards Committee will
review and rank the nominees and recommend one nominee to receive that year's award.
- We have traditionally kept the nomination secret from the recipient and then presented the award at
some suitable occasion to be arranged in cooperation with their supervisor, the Faculty Congress
chairperson, and a photographer from Media Relations.
- The presentation script for this award is mostly based on quotes that we solicit from the nominee's immediate supervisor, and from faculty and selected staff.
|Joyce Harden, Center for Graduate Research and Education
|Staff members of Health Services
|Imelda Montemayor, Facilities Management
|Kevin Bowie, Facilities Management
|Bev Irwin, Custodial Services
|Barbara Romano, Honors Program
|Beth Hassel, Center for Faith and Learning
|Cathy Matkowski, OUS
|Ankit Desai, UNIT
|David Upsal, Falvey Library
|Hubert Whan Tong, Office of Education Abroad
|Jean Monroe, UNIT
|Carolyn Bruce, Office of the Registrar
|Susan Ottignon, Falvey Library
|Anne Mattia, Office of Academic Affairs
|Teri O'Brien, Office of Student Life
|Josephine Ianieri, Custodial Service
|Jim Mullen, Dining Services
|Walter Thomas, Office of Mail Services
|Barbara Cullen, International Studies
|Barbara Quintiliano, Falvey Library
|Richard Wack, Center for Instructional Technologies
|Domenick Liberato, Falvey Library, Access & User Assistance
|Mary Clifford, Office of the VPAA
|Annetta Stowman, Connelly Center
|Phylis Wright, Falvey Library, Interlibrary Loan Office
|Rachel Schaller, UNIT, Instructional Technologies
|Sarah Eunice, Graphic Services, Bartley Hall Print Center
|Bente Polites, Falvey Library, Special Collections and Reference
|Catherine Kolongowski, UNIT
|Michael Sullivan, Ground Services
|Marybeth Avioli, UNIT
|David Goodman, Public Safety
|Kitty Fogarty and Floss Croll, Dining Services
|Henry Ramsey, Housekeeping
|Ed Castrege, Bookshop
|Brenda Tribuiani, Dining Services
|Joan Lesovitz, UNIT
|George Cerio, Maintenance
|Therese Dougherty, Library
|Harry Gray, Graphic Services
|Joan Lynch, Registrar
|Carolyn Lea, University Senate & Faculty Senate Secretary