On Friday, October 25, career and internship meetups were held for the departments of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. The meetups function as mini career fairs—providing access to recruiters and alumni explicitly looking for ECE and ME majors from Villanova for summer internships or full-time employment. The small scale and less formal atmosphere allows students to promote themselves more effectively and take steps to connect with recruiters on a more personal level, without competing with hundreds of other students.
This year’s Electrical and Computer Engineering career and internship meetup featured nine companies:
- Ascensus (Natalie Price ’88)
- Avanceon, LP
- Comcast NBCUniversal – Tech
- Dell Technologies
- Ideal Concepts, Inc.
- L3Harris Technologies (Robert Creighton ’01, Michael Evans ‘18)
- PPL Electric Utilities (George Khoury ’11)
- SEPTA (Tyler Ladd ’04)
The Mechanical Engineering career and internship meetup featured 10 companies:
- Compact Membrane Systems, Inc.
- Exelon Corporation (Michael Gillin ’99)
- Hubbell Incorporated
- L3 Harris Technologies (Samantha Tropeano ’17)
- Linde, plc
- Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia Division (Vincent Wagner ’89)
- New Hudson Facades (Christina Cordero ’16, Nicole Palazzo ’18)
- PPL Electric Utilities (Julie Swiniuch ’14)
- Suvoda (Chris Deatrick ’17)
- Tonzour Energy Systems (Richard Adrian ’13)
All the companies in attendance have recruiting relationships with Villanova—and a great track record of successful Villanova hires. All class years were welcome and are encouraged to attend future meetups and seize the opportunities presented!
The College partners with Villanova University’s Career Center to host professional development, networking and recruiting events like the departmental meet ups. We are grateful to our employer partners and loyal alumni for supporting these important events. If you would like to involve your company, please contact Keith Argue, Assistant Dean for External Relations, College of Engineering at email@example.com.