ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT
Available as a Major, Minor or Certificate
Online & Hybrid
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT MAJOR & MINOR DETAILS
A major or minor in Organizational Development and Management prepares you to be a strategic, ethical, effective, and innovative leader in corporations and communities.
Our students are passionate about becoming engaging and socially responsible leaders and managers, and are committed to developing the tools and knowledge to take them to the next level in their career.
Curriculum and Coursework
Our professionally-oriented curriculum is designed to help you understand and appreciate the structure of organizations, and the local and global contexts in which they operate.
In your coursework, you will identify and analyze the impacts of individual and group behavior on organizational processes and outcomes.
You will develop analytical skills and collaborative practices related to strategic organizational management of diverse individuals and teams.
You will practice and analyze decision-making processes required in complex business organizations. And you will learn about the tools, techniques, and methodologies of process improvement.
By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand and appreciate the structure of organizations, and the local and global contexts in which they operate.
- Identify and analyze the impacts of individual and group behavior on organizational processes and outcomes.
- Demonstrate analytical skills and collaborative practices related to strategic organizational management.
- Practice and analyze decision-making processes required for strategic management of complex business organizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, communicate, and work effectively and innovatively with diverse individuals and teams.
- Appreciate the importance of ethical leadership and the influence organizations have on the communities which they serve.
Minor in Organizational Development & Management
Students pursuing a different major have the option to add Organizational Development and Management as a minor.
Students pursuing a major in Organizational Development and Management can also apply to the combined BIS/MS Human Resource Development program.
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE DETAILS
Villanova has designed the Certificate in Organizational Development & Management for individuals who wish to understand the impacts of individual and group behavior on organizational processes and outcomes.
A bachelor's degree is not required for acceptance into the program, but credits fully apply toward CPS degree programs. By providing a foundational framework, Villanova students will understand and appreciate the structure of organizations, and the local and global contexts in which they operate.
Consisting of 4 required courses (12 credits), the coursework in the Organizational Development & Management certificate will apply to many different industries and have a wide range of career applications. Pursue the next you with an exceptional organizational management education from Villanova.
- ODM 1000, Foundation of Organiz Behavior
- ODM 1100, Foundations of Strategic Mgmt
- ODM 2000, Essentials of Finance & Acct
- ODM 2010, Foundations of Marketing
When choosing your major or certificate, it's important to understand what industries and career paths align with your major of choice.
Studying Organizational Development and Management can prepare you for a career in one of the fields below:
- Banking or Finance
- Business Development/Sales
- Human Resources
- Operations Management
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of all potential career paths and outcomes. The details provided were sourced from the “Occupational Outlook Handbook” published by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and the “What Can I Do With This Major” resource that provides data connecting academic majors to careers.