TRANSFER STUDENTS AND COMMUNITY COLLEGE AGREEMENTS
Villanova allows students to transfer up to 90 credits from other regionally accredited institutions.
Transferring credits to Villanova is easy. Simply provide the College of Professional Studies with official transcripts from the other institutions that you have attended and, if the course grade is a C or higher, Villanova will evaluate its transferability toward your Villanova degree.
Please note the following:
- Preliminary credit evaluations are available upon request.
- Use our transcript request form to notify an institution that you need an official transcript to be sent to Villanova.
- See our Transfer Credit Policy for more information on which credits will transfer to CPS, as well as our procedure and guidelines.
COMMUNITY COLLEGE AGREEMENTS
Villanova's affordable Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies (BIS) programs have admissions and transfer agreements with several regionally accredited community colleges in the Philadelphia region, including the following. Follow the links for their respective transfer information:
- Delaware County Community College,
- Harcum College,
- Montgomery County Community College,
- Community College of Philadelphia, and
- Harrisburg Area Community College.
These agreements offer you the opportunity to complete an associate's degree and successfully prepare yourself for the completion of a bachelor's degree at the same time. Other advantages of the admission agreement with DCCC/MCCC/CCP and Villanova include:
- Merit Tuition Rate reduction for qualified community college graduates
- 20% Merit Tuition Reduction for those students graduating with a 3.0-3.49 G.P.A.
- 25% Merit Tuition Reduction for those students graduating with a 3.5-4.0 G.P.A.
- Entrance to Villanova with Junior standing
- Opportunities to meet with a Villanova University College of Professional Studies program representative on a regular basis for advising and assistance with transferring
- A limited amount of Phi Theta Kappa scholarships are available for students in accordance with a transfer agreement
- $50 application fee waiver
- A rigorous Villanova education at a competitive price
To request the Community College Merit Tuition Reduction, please fill out this request form.
Under the Guaranteed Admission and agreement, you will be granted admission into the BIS or approved BA degree program with junior status at Villanova on the condition that you:
- Graduate from one of our partner community colleges with an Associate of Art (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) with a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Complete a Guaranteed Admission Intent Form and submit to your college's counseling center before graduation
- Do not attend another institution of higher-education between the time you graduate from the partner Community College and enroll at Villanova University in the BIS or approved BA degree program
- Satisfy all other Villanova University transfer requirements
College of Professional Studies will also evaluate Community College transcripts on request for preliminary credit evaluation.
New transfer students are eligible to apply for a number of renewable scholarships through Phi Theta Kappa, the International Honor Society of the Two-Year College. Apply by April 15.
BIS vs. BA
The primary difference between a Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies (BIS) degree and a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree is the core curriculum that must be completed for each.
Students completing the BIS degree follow a 45-credit core curriculum. This provides more flexibility and choices in selecting classes.
Students completing the BA degree follow the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences 50-credit core curriculum, which includes foreign language courses and science courses with a lab.