Rules & Regulations
Audio Visual Support
The Connelly Center will provide the audio visual equipment you may need for your program. If there is a service or equipment that the Connelly Center cannot provide we will put you in contact with the University Media and Technologies Services Department and they will determine if they can provide the service needed. There will be a fee attached to their service. The Connelly Center does not have a technology person on staff. If a technology person is required it can be provided at a cost through and at the availability of the University Media and Technologies Services Department. Please let the Scheduling Office know at least 4 weeks prior to your event or program of your audio-visual needs.
Cancellation of Space
The Connelly Center shall not be held liable for any delays or failures to provide rooms, meeting space or other facilities fit for occupancy or any other delays or failures in performance, in whole on in part, if such delay or nonperformance is due, directly or indirectly (e.g., through the prior or concurrent displacement and need for rescheduling of academic, research or administrative functions) to any cause beyond the Connelly Center’s reasonable control, including, but not limited to, destruction of or damage to such space, acts of God, war, riot, terrorism, civil disturbance, fire, floods, environmental calamity or risk, inclement weather; restriction upon travel, food, beverages or supplies; strikes, lock-outs, labor disputes, pandemics, epidemics or other outbreaks of diseases or other infections, failures in public supply of electricity, heating, lighting, air conditioning or public telecommunications equipment, or other such events, disturbances or conditions.
Care and Use of Facilities
Intentional misuse, damage, destruction or vandalism of Connelly Center equipment or facilities is strictly prohibited. Individuals found responsible for damage or theft of Connelly Center property will be required to pay all repair or replacement costs and may be subject to disciplinary action by the appropriate university authority. No equipment or other items, including but not limited to artwork and furniture, may be moved or taken from the building without special approval of the Connelly Center Director.
Checkroom Service and Lost & Found
There are no public checking services provided in the Connelly Center. Leaving any personal belongings in a public area is strongly discouraged. The Connelly Center assumes no responsibility for damages or lost articles. Lost and found service is provided at the information desk of the Connelly Center. Items will be kept at the information desk for two weeks. If they are unclaimed after two weeks, they will be turned over to the Public Safety Department. Items of value and Wild Cards (Villanova ID cards) will immediately be turned over to the Public Safety Department and The Wildcard Office respectively.
Decorations Displays and Banners
Decorations and displays of any kind must be approved by the Scheduling Office of the Connelly Center and should be requested at least two weeks prior to your event.
- Decorations, signs, banners posters are not to be placed on windows, walls, doors, glass, ceilings, woodwork, or any painted surface. Groups that cause any damage to walls, painted surfaces, woodwork, by taping or adhering items to the facility or furnishings will be assessed a $50.00 damage fee or the actual cost of repair, whichever is greater.
- Banners are permitted only on the railing around the atrium and must be secured by string or wire ties, not tape. The banners must promote programs or activities that are open to the general student or campus population.
- All decorations must be removed immediately after your event or program is over. Any decorations, displays, signage that is left in the building will be disposed of and you will be assessed a clean-up fee of $25.00 for the disposal.
- Glitter, confetti, and balloons are not permitted in the Connelly Center. For certain programs balloons will be permitted but approval must be obtained through the Scheduling Office.
- The Connelly Center will not assume any responsibility for decorations, props, and equipment that is left in the building.
Food and Beverages
University Catering is the only authorized catering operation that is permitted to provide food in the Connelly Center. Any group, organization, or individual that brings in food from an outside provider (caterer, deli, food store) will be automatically charge a fee of $50.00 for clean up and the possibility of loss of use of meeting room space in the future. Exceptions to this rule must be approved by the Scheduling Office of the Connelly Center.
Furniture and Fixtures
- The Connelly Center will set all rooms with the appropriate furniture for your meeting or event. Please provide the Scheduling Office with a detail description or diagram of how the room is to be set. The Connelly Center reserves the right to alter, reconfigure or change a room set based on traffic flow, occupancy limits, and experience.
- The furniture that is in the lounge and lobby areas of the Center is not to be moved or relocated. If your event requires the moving of the furniture it will be done by the staff of the Connelly Center, a fee of $50.00 be assessed for the moving and relocation of lounge or lobby furniture.
- The Connelly Center will determine the appropriateness of any program or event that is requested to be held in a public area (lounge or lobby) of the Center.
Pets and Animals
Pets or animals are not permitted in the Connelly Center at any time with the exception of special needs animals as permitted by law
Posters and Flyers
- Registered clubs, organizations, sports clubs, and resident life groups must have their posters and flyers approved (and stamped) by the Office of Student Activities. Faculty, Staff and Alumni groups must have their posters and flyers approved by the Connelly Center Scheduling Office. Items not stamped "approved" will be removed.
- Posters and flyers may be placed on approved bulletin boards and the information desk only, they may not be placed on painted surfaces, walls, glass, doors, or the plaza area outside the building.
- Items may be posted for no longer than two weeks.
The Connelly Center is a smoke free building, smoking is not permitted anywhere within the building.
Tables in the Upper Lobby
University Departments and registered clubs or organizations may request tables to be set up in the Connelly Center Upper Lobby to promote events and programs. Requests for tables must be made through the Connelly Center Scheduling Office and are subject to the following conditions.
- There can be a Maximum of six tables in the lobby at any given time and they must be arranged in accordance with the Pennsylvania State fire code.
- Registered clubs or organizations must first obtain the permission of the Student Activities Office to promote their event.
- Any given group may set up a table for a maximum of three days.
- Groups are limited to two reservations (six days) in any four week period.
- Additional information is available from the Connelly Center Administrative office.