421 St. Augustine Center
Villanova, PA 19085
Phone: (610) 519-4791
The American Council for the Study of Islamic Societies (ACSIS) will be hosting its 36th annual conference on “the influence of Islam in politics and society: civic engagement, social inclusion and political participation”. The conference puts particular emphasis on socio-political dimensions of Islam and covers a vast range of topics and areas from Sufism, the so-called apolitical dimension of the faith to economic and financial aspects of Islam, both in Muslim and non-Muslim societies.
The conference seeks paper proposals addressing issues related to the following topics:
1. Islam in non-Muslim societies: past experiences, present situation and future possibilities
2. Sectarian identities and their impact on Muslim engagement in politics
3. Economy and finance: initiative and opportunities for the future
4. Islam in Western media
5. Political discourses and their impact on Muslim life in the West
6. Political Islam and its future in the Middle East
7. Sufism and its political and social dimensions
8. Secularizing Islam: on the reality of a myth
Scholars from all disciplines in the humanities and social sciences are invited to submit proposals. Please send proposal abstracts (250 words) and contact information to: Leila chamankhah at email@example.com, Philosophy Department, University of Dayton, Ohio
We recruit new members. In the < acsis.villanova.edu > you will find more information about membership.
Follow us on Twitter: @ACSIS20 and Face Book
Paper submission deadline: January 24, 2020.