National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
Villanova University is an Institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). All Villanova faculty, postdoctoral scholars and graduate students can take advantage of the online career development and mentoring resources. These include:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving and moderated writing challenges
- Monthly accountability buddy matches
- Access to 14-Day Writing Challenges
- Access to the Member Library, which includes past webinar materials, referrals and readings
To create your NCFDD account, please carefully read the instructions and user guidance statement below
- Go to the NCFDD website
- Choose ‘Villanova University’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Activate my Membership”
- Register using your Villanova email address but not your Villanova password. (Your NCFDD password must be different from the one associated with your Villanova email address).
- Check your Villanova email for a confirmation/welcome email and click “Activate Account” in the email
User Guidance Statement: NCFDD is a fully online platform that gathers some personal data. During account set-up you will be asked for your Full Name, Email, University, Title, Race/Ethnicity, Gender, Discipline and Department. NCFDD may also harvest data from the online discussion boards, chat forums and other interactive features built into its web platform. When using NCFDD platforms, Villanova affiliates may not share any confidential or protected information, information related to research grants and proposals, or information pertaining to Villanova’s strategic plans. We also encourage users to exercise caution with regard to sharing their own personal information.
The Villanova Institute for Research and Scholarship will periodically solicit feedback about the usefulness of the NCFDD’s resources for Villanova’s faculty, post-doctoral scholars and graduate students. Your comments are important in helping us to determine the duration of our institutional membership.
If you have any questions about the membership, please feel free to contact Janice Bially Mattern, Director of Villanova Institute for Research and Scholarship and Associated Professor in Political Science. Any technical questions, may be directed to NCFDD via email.