Villanova's Health and Safety Plan
June 29, 2020
Dear Members of the Villanova Community,
I am writing to share Villanova University’s Health and Safety Plan, which provides a detailed overview of our mitigation and monitoring plans for reopening this fall.
The Health and Safety Plan was developed using guidance from the Pennsylvania (PA) Departments of Education and Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). The Plan specifically addresses the five requirements set forth by the PA Department of Education that include information regarding:
- Coordinating with local public health officials
- Safely resuming in-person instruction
- Monitoring health conditions in its campus community
- Mitigating and containing the spread of the virus on campus
- Informing the Department of Health in the event that transmission occurs
- Communicating accurate and timely information to students, faculty, staff and the communities it serves
The Health and Safety Plan goes into further detail regarding the areas—health and safety; academics; living and working on campus; events, programs and meetings; and athletics and recreation—that I shared in my message announcing that the fall semester would be in-person and on-campus. This information is also available on Villanova’s Return to Campus website, which will continue to be updated as new details become available.
A successful fall semester is in our hands. We need everyone to put Community First and to cooperate with health directives and protective measures to in order to ensure a successful return to campus. We are in this TOGETHER, and together, we can have an incredible fall semester.
Rev. Peter M. Donohue, OSA