The latest issue of Villanova Engineering, published in April, showcases some of the most unique teaching, research, and service-learning initiatives from the 2011-2012 academic year.
- Find out how engineering, business, and computer science students work together to develop mobile applications in the award-winning interdisciplinary course “Mobile Device Programming.”
- Learn about the College of Engineering’s new professional development requirements for freshmen, designed to give our students a career advantage from their first year.
- Meet the mechanical engineering faculty who are on a mission to revolutionize the data center industry by improving its sustainability.
- Discover how students learn to put social responsibility and the greater good at the forefront of their work in “Catholic Social Thought and the Engineer,” a new elective.
- Learn how the College’s new Learning Center at the historic Philadelphia Navy Yard brings Villanova Engineering to the city and leverages the latest technology in broadcasting, audio, and web innovation.
- Go behind the scenes of the College’s summer Leadership Education and Development program and meet one of the first participants, now a freshman engineer.
- Take a trip around the world with the College’s inaugural class of service-learning interns.
- Meet alumni who have generously supported the promise of the College and the University through planned gifts.
Hard copies were mailed to all College of Engineering alumni, faculty, and parents of current students. If you are among these groups and did not receive a copy, please e-mail your preferred mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org.