The Communication Systems Engineering of the New Credit Hours Program, Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University in Cairo, Egypt (ASU) and the Center for Advanced Communications (CAC) in Villanova’s College of Engineering have signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
Dr. Moeness Amin, Director of the CAC met with Dr. Hadia Elhenawy, Dean of Engineering at Ain Shams University, on January 6, 2008, to sign the MOA between the two universities.
This MOA will promote the development of academic, scientific, technical and cultural relations between ASU and Villanova, through student and faculty exchanges, scientific research, professional internships, and technical cooperation.
Since the two universities share interests in similar academic, scientific, and professional goals, they are convinced that cooperation is important to increase the human and professional relations towards achieving the missions of both institutions.
This MOA will include:
- The exchange of students, professors, scientific, and staff members for the purpose of sharing scientific and teaching experience, collaborative teaching, and pursuing joint research projects.
- The exchange of information on innovative instructional tools and in-class teaching methodologies.
- Both institutions will participate in submitting joint proposals to funding agencies in the US and Egypt, when applicable, for the purpose of securing instruction, research, and equipment grants, which will be used to enhance research and education in either or both institutions.
Since 2003 the CAC has signed six MOA’s with international academic institutions:
- Telecommunications Technological Center of Catalonia – Barcelona, Spain
- Smart Antenna Research Team, Duisburg-Essen University – Duisburg, Germany
- Centre for Signal Processing, Nanyang Technological University – Singapore
- Positioning Wireless Technology Center, Nanyang Technological University – Singapore
- School of Engineering & Mathematics, Edith Cowan University – Perth, Australia
- Tampere University of Technology – Rauma, Finland.