As part of Commencement Weekend 2008, the College of Engineering paid tribute to its 241 undergraduate and graduate students at a Recognition Ceremony on Mendel Field on Saturday, May 17, at 2:30 p.m.
Led by bagpipers and a color guard and dressed in academic attire, students, faculty, and administrators processed to a large tent, where family members and friends awaited them. During the ceremony, students were called to the stage, where Dean Gary Gabriele, Ph.D., presented them with a College of Engineering diploma cover. In addition, the following students received special distinction:
- Angela Lynn Russo received the Engineering Alumni Society’s prestigious Robert D. Lynch Award for academic achievement and dedication to community service, as well as the Civil and Environmental Engineering Faculty Award
- Christopher M. Furcht was presented with the Robert E. White Chemical Engineering Award
- Dustin J. Getz was given the Computer Engineering Outstanding Student Award
- Haig S. Norian received the Electrical Engineering Outstanding Student Award
- Regina M. Ondrejco was presented with the Mechanical Engineering Outstanding Student Award
- Jevon M. Avis received the Graduate Student Research Excellence Award