Who: Bernard Borghei ’94 EE
Title: Co-founder and Executive Vice President of Operations, Vertical Bridge
- Bernard Borghei has over 25 years of experience in wireless industries.
- Before co-founding Vertical Bridge, he served as senior vice president and partner at Global Tower Partners, where he oversaw domestic and international market operations, including a portfolio of more than 6,500 towers and 12,000 managed properties.
- He has also held executive and senior management positions in operations, engineering, sales, supply chain, site development, and customer care at:
- Wireless Facilities, Inc.,
- Western Wireless International, and
- Triton PCS where he successfully ran operations across 24 countries around the world.
Today: Bernard Borghei is the co-founder and executive vice president of operations of Vertical Bridge, the largest privately-owned telecom infrastructure owner and manager in the U.S. He is responsible for the company's daily operations, regulatory compliance, vendor management, engineering services, human resources and emerging technologies.
Bernard serves on Villanova’s Engineering Advisory Board and sits on the National Wireless Safety Alliance's Board of Governors.
In 2019 he was presented with the Engineering Alumni Society’s Professional Achievement Award.