BAGGED LUNCH & PICNIC PROGRAMS
Dining Services offers a Bagged Lunch Program and a Picnic Program to individuals and groups who are on the go or need a cost-effective way to host an event.
BAGGED LUNCH PROGRAM
When you need to eat on the go we offer a bag lunch program for all students enrolled in a meal plan. Bagged lunches include a sandwich (your choice of ham, turkey, roast beef, or a vegetarian wrap), chips, fruit, cookie, mustard/mayo packet, napkin and knife.
To sign up, please email the Meal Plan Office and your request will be answered by the next business day.
Villanova Dining Services offers picnic packages for the many groups serving the Villanova community. These packages may be purchased using your Meal Plan Express or account budgets. Please read the following guidelines for more information before requesting a picnic package.
- Any student group or organization that is recognized by the University may request a picnic package.
- All requests must be received at least five days prior to the proposed event date. (Due to black-out dates and other restrictions, not all requests can be filled on the requested dates.)
- All requests should be initiated with our online request form.
- There must be at least 50 participants for an event, but no more than 300.
- Dining Services does NOT supply charcoal, lighter fluid, and/or matches.
- Grilling utensils must be requested beforehand, and must be returned after the event.
- Picnic Packages are for meal plan participants using MPE (Meal Plan Express) only. When using MPE, the list of participants is due to Dining Services no later than 72 hours before the scheduled event. This list must include the names and Banner IDs of all students participating in the event. The list should be in an Excel spreadsheet and emailed to us.
- You must reserve your picnic area with the Office of Student involvement located in Dougherty Hall, Room 102.
NOTE: Students participating in a picnic and using MPE will not be able to use their meal plan during the meal plan in which the picnic is scheduled.
- If an event is to be cancelled for any reason, including weather, you must contact Dining Services at least 1 hour prior to the event by calling 610-519-4170.
- If the event will be held on a weekend, you will need to contact the dining hall kitchen - Dougherty (610-519-4177) or Donahue (610-519-7221).
- Food purchased may NOT be resold for any reason, including fundraising.
- Garden Salad with Dressing
- Hot Dogs
- Cheese, lettuce and sliced tomato
- Soda / Water
- Paper Products / Utensils
- Veggie Burgers available upon request
- Grilling utensils available upon request - all borrowed utensils must be returned to the dining hall.
- Sandwich (your choice of ham, turkey, roast beef, or a vegetarian wrap)
- Hand Fruit
- Mustard / Mayo PC
- Napkin, Knife