Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the St. Thomas of Villanova Celebration?
- How do the various components of the celebration tie into Villanova's Augustinian heritage and mission?
- Can my family, friends and others that don't work or study at Villanova participate?
- How do I register for the Day of Service?
- I see that there are multiple registration forms. Which one do I use?
- What is the deadline for registration?
Each fall, Villanova begins the academic year with a celebration honoring St. Thomas of Villanova, the patron saint of the University. The St. Thomas of Villanova Celebration typically incorporates a Lecture, Community Collection, Day of Service, Community Liturgy and Community Dinner.
The Day of Service, an initiative that was a very successful part of the Inauguration of the Rev. Peter M. Donohue, O.S.A. in fall 2006, has become the hallmark of the Celebration.
How do the various components of the celebration tie into Villanova's Augustinian heritage and mission?
The University community is committed to the Augustinian ideals of Veritas, Unitas, Caritas – Truth, Unity, Love. These ideals guide the Villanova educational experience and come alive through the events that comprise the St. Thomas of Villanova Celebration. United in academic inquiry, discourse and service to others, this annual celebration provides the Villanova community with the opportunity to reflect upon the University’s heritage and breathe life into its mission.
Absolutely! The St. Thomas of Villanova Celebration events are open to all faculty, staff, students, alumni, friends and families. Each event has been planned to reflect the spirit of community that distinguishes Villanova and all are welcome to participate.
Registration for the Day of Service will take place online begining in the summer - visit the Volunteer Registration page for more information!
There are three types of online registration for the Day of Service.
- If you would like to participate as a group: If you are serving as part of a group - consisting of more than one person (i.e. a student organization, academic department, groups of friends, etc.) - you first will need to have a member of your group use the Group Creation Form to create your group in the system. Within 1 business day, your group will be added to the picklist. You and your team members should then use the Volunteer Registration Form to complete your registration. On this form, under the "Group" field, you will need to select your group's name to become a member.
- If you would like to participate as an individual: You do not need to create a group. Just select "Individual Participant" under the "Group" field on the Volunteer Registration Form and you will be assigned to a site along with other volunteers.
Group Creation and Individual Registration for The Day of Service will close two weeks before the Day of Service. Individuals may register as part of a group or on their own. Once the registration period has passed, no additional groups will be created.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com