University Masking Policy Update
February 11, 2022
Dear Members of the Villanova Community,
I am writing with an update to our University masking policy.
After consultation with our medical team and the Pandemic Policy Committee, and given our high vaccination and booster percentage on campus, I have decided to remove our indoor masking requirement. A few important notes and reminders regarding this change:
- Masks are not required outdoors or indoors, effective Monday, Feb. 14.
- Any community member who feels more comfortable wearing a mask is encouraged to do so.
- All community members are expected to continue to have a mask with them at all times, and KN95 masks are available on campus for all community members.*
- Faculty may require students to wear masks in their classes, laboratories or offices, and students must comply with this request. Students and staff may ask the same of one another when meeting or getting together.
- Everyone is expected to put Community First and be respectful of these decisions. The reasons why individuals may choose to wear a mask can vary widely, so everyone is expected to show respect in these situations.
- Masks are recommended inside campus buildings for all visitors to campus.
As we have done since the start of the pandemic, we will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as needed. I also want to express my overwhelming gratitude for your patience, cooperation and resilience over the past two years. The pandemic has been difficult on everyone, and I appreciate your willingness to adapt to all the uncertainty and to always put Community First.
* KN95 masks are available at the main desk on the upper level of Connelly Center for all community members—students, faculty and staff. KN95 masks can also be ordered by your office or department through NovaBuy under the PPE section.