The clouds parted and majestic, blue skies enveloped campus as Villanova University celebrated its 176th Commencement May 17 and 18, 2019.
Dean Donna Sullivan Havens, PhD, RN, FAAN, Connelly Endowed Dean and Professor, welcomed more than 900 friends, families and graduates to Driscoll Hall’s hallowed front lawn Saturday morning for Convocation. The storied halls of the building, echoed with pride as the College celebrated the success of 97 Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), 13 RN – BSN, 8 Master’s in Nursing (MSN) and 7 PhD in Nursing graduates, three of whom were Robert Wood Johnson Scholars.
During the Undergraduate Convocation Ceremony, several students in particular were recognized for their academic excellence, service and leadership.
- M. Louise Fitzpatrick College of Nursing Medallion for Distinguished Academic Excellence: Savannah Brooke Zinser ’19 BSN
- H. Elaine McCaully Award for Clinical Excellence: Song-Binh Ngo ’19 BSN
- The Reverend Francis X.N. McGuire, OSA Award of the Villanova University Alumni Association: Catherine C. West ’19 BSN
- Rose Woytowich O’Driscoll Student Service Award: Kendall Connolly ’19 BSN
- The Hazel Johnson Leadership Award: Meghan Michaela Scanlon ’19 BSN
- Claire M. Manfredi Graduate Nursing Leadership Award: Christine Dos Reis
Catherine C. West '19 BSN delivered the 2019 Fitzpatrick College of Nursing Convocation speech, and during a separate ceremony on Friday afternoon, Abigail Barlett ’19 BSN was commissioned into the U.S. Navy as an ensign and will soon begin her career in the Navy Nurse Corps.
The Fitzpatrick College of Nursing welcomes all graduates as alumni into the Nova Network and looks forward to being a part of your continued growth and success as a Villanova Nurse.
For images of the weekend, visit our FaceBook page.