The end of the academic year is always an exciting time – much to reflect upon and to celebrate. The Class of 2018 became the first class to graduate from the recently named M. Louise Fitzpatrick College of Nursing. During the weekend of May 18, 93 traditional 4-year BSN, 16 RN-BSN, 18 PhD and 4 MSN graduates were celebrated. Commencement weekend began Friday evening in Villanova Stadium when Elaina Lawson ’18 BSN was selected to represent her classmates at Commencement and receive her diploma on stage from the Rev. Peter M. Donohue, OSA, PhD, University president.
Although plans for the weekend were slightly altered by weather, the pride in the Fitzpatrick College of Nursing’s students’ accomplishments and commitment to nursing remained unmatched. During the Convocation reception Saturday morning Dr. Perry acknowledged the graduates tremendous accomplishments. Several students were award special recognition:
- Louisa Grace Elliot, ’18 BSN: M. Louise Fitzpatrick College of Nursing Medallion for Distinguished Academic Achievement
- Kristina Hershey ’17 MSN, CRNA: M. Louise Fitzpatrick College of Nursing Medallion for Distinguished Academic Achievement
- Jacqeline Ann Zaweski ’18 BSN: Joseph Petro and Helen Yura-Petro Award for Achievement in Nursing Theory
- Madison Hope Monatgue ’18 BSN: H. Elaine McCaully Award for Clinical Excellence
- Katrina Garzon ’18 BSN: The Rev. Francis X.N. McGuire, OSA Award of the Villanova University Alumni Association
- Chistina Goumas ’18 BSN: Rose Woytowich O’Driscoll Student Service Award
- Agnes N. Cho ’18 BSN: The Hazel Johnson Leadership Award
- Jennetta Jackson Walter, MSN, RN, CNRN: Claire M. Manfredi Graduate Nursing Leadership Award
- Kristin Burkett, MSN Candidate: Ralston Award for Gerontology Nursing Excellence
Abigal Koeller ’18 BSN was selected to deliver a moving 2018 Fitzpatrick College of Nursing Convocation speech. Allison Bass ’18 BSN, Abigail Howard ’18 BSN, Rachel Martin ’18 BSN and Justina Whearty ’18 BSN were also commissioned into the U.S. Navy as ensigns to launch their careers in the Navy Nurse Corps.
The Fitzpatrick College of Nursing welcomes all graduates as alumni into the Nova Network and looks forward to being a part of your continued growth and success as a Villanova Nurse.
You may see selected photos in our Facebook album.