The Office of the Registrar is now using Parchment to fulfill transcript orders. You can now receive an electronic copy of your Official Transcript.
Official transcripts can still be received in hard copy by postal delivery or student pick up. Note: In order to better protect the academic records of our students, you will be required to show ID when picking up transcripts.
Unofficial transcripts are no longer being issued by the Registrar. You can still print an unofficial transcript from Novasis.
To Request a Transcript:
- Current and recent students who have access to MyNova can place their order by logging into Novasis.
- Alumni and others who cannot access MyNova can place a request through the Parchment Website. This website is only open to current and past JD and LLM students. Master of Tax students must order their transcript through the Main Campus.
- Electronic transcripts are only available to students who began their studies at Villanova Charles Widger School of Law in 1999 or later. Students who began their studies before 1999 can only get hard copies of their transcripts. Orders for hard copy transcripts can be placed using the above transcript ordering link.
- If you are not comfortable placing your order online and would like a hard copy of your transcript, you have two options. 1) you may print and mail in the Official Transcript Request Form. A check for $5.55 per transcript must be included. If you would like to pay with a credit card, you must order through the Credentials website. 2) You may drop off an Official Transcript Request form along with payment (cash or check) to the Office of the Registrar. Please note that this option will take longer. You may not be able to get a transcript on the same day that you drop off your request.
To Check the Status of your Transcript:
- Click here to check the status of your transcript order. You will need your Order Number which you received when you placed the order.
Transcript Frequently Asked Questions
- Why the change in how we order transcripts?
- What are the fees associated with ordering transcripts?
- What are the benefits of using Parchment for transcripts?
- How long does it take to process my transcript request?
- Can I have my transcript sent to me in an electronic format?
- How do I upload a transcript to Symplicity?
Why the change in how we order transcripts?
The demand for electronic transcripts has grown exponentially over the last few years, so we are responding to that demand in order to supply students with official electronic transcripts.
What are the fees associated with ordering transcripts?
There is a fee of $5.55 per transcript. There is an additional print and mailing fee of $2.30 to have your transcript mailed through the postal service. These fees are in line with the fees charged through the Main University.
What are the benefits of using Parchment for transcripts?
- 24/7 access to the ordering site. Current and former students may submit a request from any computer connected to the internet anywhere in the world, regardless of dates of attendance. Requests are authenticated through the student portal or through signature authentication. There is no longer a need to send in a written request for transcripts.
- Improved tracking service. Order updates are emailed to students and can be sent via text if the student elects notification by text. Order status and order history can be checked online at any time.
- Electronic Delivery options. Current and former students, with first attendance since 1999, have the option to select electronic delivery of transcripts by providing a valid recipient email address or selecting from a database of network recipients. Electronic delivery is recommended. This enables Villanova to electronically deliver transcripts in a safe, secure and efficient manner to students and student designated recipients such as Universities and Colleges, employers, etc., in accordance with the requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended (FERPA). Students selecting electronic delivery will receive an email notification indicating the delivery of the student’s official academic transcript to the student designated recipient. Once the student designated recipient receives the official academic transcript, the student will receive a second email notification regarding the delivery of the transcript.
How long does it take to process my transcript request?
Most transcripts will be processed the same day if there are no problems with your request or account. You will receive status update emails from Credentials and can check the status of your transcript request. Hard copies will take longer to process than electronic requests.
Can I have my transcript sent to me in an electronic format?
Yes, if your attendance at Villanova Charles Widger School of Law began in 1999 or later. Students who attended before 1999 can only get their transcripts in hard copy.
How do I upload a transcript to Symplicity?
Official transcripts from the Registrar’s Office are encrypted and cannot be directly uploaded to Symplicity without taking a few steps.
To upload an official transcript to Symplicity:
- Order a transcript through Parchment (per the Registrar website) and then print it and scan it to PDF; or
- Order a transcript through Parchment and print to PDF using the Microsoft print to PDF option.
To upload an unofficial transcript to Symplicity, print an unofficial transcript from Novasis:
- Click on View Academic Transcript on the Student Records Menu
- Print the transcript and choose Adobe PDF or Microsoft print to PDF as the printer, and
- Save the transcript when prompted.