Alert - Public Safety
Students, Faculty, and Staff,
The University has recently received several reports of sexual assaults occurring on campus.
On March 1, 2021, four resident female students reported that they had been sexually assaulted by the same known male student in University residence halls. Complaints ranged from non-consensual sexual touching to non-consensual sexual intercourse. Upon receiving these reports, the University immediately began an investigation and the male student is no longer on campus.
In a separate report, on February 28, 2021, the Bryn Mawr Hospital Emergency Department notified Public Safety that a female student, who declined to be identified, was treated for a sexual assault committed by a male known to her. The male has not been identified to us; it is unknown at the present time whether he is a student. The incident occurred on campus between February 26 and February 28, 2021, however the exact location is not known.
All students should know that –
- Sexual activity without consent is sexual misconduct. Consent is active, with all parties fully conscious and clearly communicating their intention to engage in any sexual activity.
- Alcohol and drugs may incapacitate or impair a person’s ability to give meaningful consent.
- Intoxication of the person alleged to have committed the assault is never a defense.
- Villanova is committed to supporting the rights of a person reporting an incident of sexual misconduct to make an informed choice among options and services available.
- Resources are also available to any student accused of sexual misconduct.
To report a sexual assault or an act of sexual misconduct, call Public Safety at 610-519-5800, the Title IX Coordinator, Ms. Ryan Rost at 610-519-8805 or a Deputy Title IX Coordinator.
For more information on support resources, call the Sexual Assault Resource Coordinator (SARC) at 484-343-6028 or review the University’s sexual assault resource website at: www.villanova.edu/sexualassault.
For more information about sexual misconduct, reporting, and sexual assault protocol, contact the University’s Title IX Coordinator, Ms. Ryan Rost at (610) 519-8805, or email@example.com or contact a Deputy Title IX Coordinator. You can also visit the University’s sexual assault resource website at: www.villanova.edu/sexualassault.
This message is being sent to you to provide timely notification to members of the University community regarding an incident that may pose a serious or ongoing threat to the University community. This does not diminish other instances that occur that are not communicated via email.