Professor Semes joined the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law faculty as Professor of Practice in the Graduate Tax Program in 2020.
Professor Semes received his Bachelor of Music, summa cum laude, from Duquesne University, his Master of Fine Arts in Music from Carnegie-Mellon University and Juris Doctor from Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law. He has been an associate at Duane Morris and a partner at Blank Rome as well as a founding partner of Tucci & Semes. He has also been a principal at PriceWaterhouseCoopers and Ernst & Young and is currently of counsel at BakerHostetler. In addition, he served as Chief Counsel to the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue in the Tom Ridge administration. There, he drafted numerous regulations, litigated cases and was involved in drafting several significant pieces of legislation, including the Electric Deregulation Act and Taxpayers’ Bill of Rights. He has represented taxpayers in hundreds of state tax cases across the country and has reported victories in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Michigan.
At Villanova, Professor Semes will teach courses in the Graduate Tax Program both online and on-campus.
- Associate, Duane Morris (Wilmington)
- Founding partner, Tucci & Semes (Wilmington and Philadelphia)
- Chief Counsel, Pennsylvania Department of Revenue (Harrisburg)
- Principal, PriceWaterhouseCoopers (Philadelphia)
- Principal, Ernst & Young (Philadelphia)
- Of counsel, BakerHostetler (Philadelphia)