GROWING YOUR CAPITAL
Pursuing an MBA should be evaluated like a capital investment. Assess the upside, acknowledge the commitment, and consider your goals. What makes this investment unique is your potential to benefit from cumulative growth and learning long after the program ends.
PROFESSIONAL MBA APPLICATION DEADLINES
Spring Semester: November 30
Summer Semester: April 30
Fall Semester: July 15
One official transcript from each undergraduate or graduate institution attended must be sent to the Graduate Business Office. Villanova alumni must have their transcripts sent officially through the Registrar's office to the Graduate Business Office.
All application materials (transcripts, etc.) should be sent electronically to email@example.com or when necessary by physical mail to:
ATTN: Graduate Business Programs
Bartley Hall 1064
800 East Lancaster Ave
Villanova, PA 19085
Recommendations can be professional references from individuals who know you in an employment setting (internships work as well) and are written by a current/previous supervisor. For those students who do not have work experience academic recommendations are welcomed. Please refrain from using personal recommendations (family, friends, etc.).
Please prepare a business resume that includes your educational and professional information.
Applicants are required to take the GMAT or the GRE. Please arrange for official reports to be sent directly to Villanova University (Program Code: 8PP-NJ-09 for the GMAT; 0827 for the GRE). The Admissions Committee will consider your highest score if you have taken the test more than once. For more information about the GMAT test and how to register, please visit www.mba.com. For information on the GRE, please visit www.ets.org/gre.
Essay responses are limited to two-pages double-spaced.
- At the Villanova School of Business, we are committed to providing a learning experience that equips students with the skills to innovate, adapt and lead in a complex professional environment. Our MBA program is designed to hone and refine both hard and soft skills in an effort to arm students with the tools they need to achieve their professional goals. With that in mind, please discuss a skill you would like to either improve or acquire throughout the course of our program.
- There are many factors present in the Villanova School of Business (VBS) community, which can also provide insight into the type of students who would flourish at VSB. Some of those qualities include intellectual curiosity, social responsibility, global awareness, an open mind and a creative spirit. Thinking about your research into our program and community, why do you feel Villanova is the best fit for your MBA experience?
All applicants must pay a non-refundable application fee of $65. The fee is to be paid by credit card on the online application site when you submit.
Applicants whose native language is not English and who graduated from a non-U.S. institution in a country where English is not the official language, are required to provide a score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Applicants who have obtained a degree from an institution outside of the United States must provide an evaluation report indicating the U.S. equivalent of the degree.
Professional MBA tuition and fees for the 2022-2023 academic year are $1,250 per credit and include the cost of the Global Practicum. In addition, the university assesses a $50 general fee each semester.
FINANCING YOUR MBA
The Villanova School of Business is pleased to offer merit scholarships to academically and professionally accomplished students. Scholarship offers and award amounts will be determined by a holistic review of your application for admission and thorough evaluation of a variety of indicators, including (but not limited to) rigor of coursework, undergraduate GPA, your professional accomplishments and standardized test scores. Students will be evaluated for scholarship awards during the evaluation process. Once admitted, if you aren’t awarded a scholarship, you can submit a Scholarship Request Form, which will appear on the Application Status Page. Once submitted, the request will be reviewed for merit award eligibility. An additional essay will be required when submitting this form.
Scholarship decisions are typically made within a week of submitting the form. If you have any questions about the scholarship process, please reach out to our admissions representatives.
In some cases, employers will reimburse for part or all of a master’s degree when it relates to your business line or career path. Consider these possible strategies to secure employer support. For additional suggestions, contact Anthony Penna.
Research Your Firm's Resources
- Determine whether your employer offers reimbursement benefits for an MBA.
Engage Your Manager
- Explain why you want to pursue an MBA and ask whether the budget provides opportunities to support your education.
Create a Business Case
- Write a short summary that your manager can share that articulates how this program can support your organization’s goals.