The Nova Nook provides supplemental personal necessities to students in need. Our goal is to create a safe and discreet space to distribute basic toiletries and food items to students in our community who may struggle to manage these costs on their own.
Located in Dougherty Hall (Room 217) with normal operating hours of 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday, the Nova Nook is stocked with a wide variety of items primarily through personal donations and has essential items such as toiletries, non-perishable food items, cleaning supplies and other necessities. Additionally, the Nook has a supply of laundry detergent and small donations that can be added to your NovaBucks account for campus laundry.
If students are in need of an item that is not available or access to the Nook outside of operating hours, please contact us.
SUPPORT THE NOOK
We need your help to make sure we have what students need! Donations can be dropped off in the Nook basket at the Connelly Center Info Desk, Campus Ministry, the Office of Health Promotion or Dougherty Hall Room 202. If you would like us to pick up your donation, please contact us.
Below are the suggested items that we are in need of, preferably individually wrapped.
*Please note: donated items must come from an individual, rather than using university/office funds.
- Body Lotion
- Body Wash
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Shaving Cream
- Laundry detergent (pods only)
- Crackers with cheese/peanut butter
- Granola bars
- Snack bars
- Oatmeal Cups
- Cereal Cups
- Soup Cups
- Easy Mac, etc
- Hand sanitizer
We run the Nook solely on donations and appreciate your outreach to help! There are a few ways to support the Nova Nook:
- Providing Gift Cards: we have limited inventory space and can’t always predict what we will need in the near future. It is helpful to receive gift cards in small denominations we can use to replenish items as needed throughout the semester. Preferred vendors are Giant Food Stores, Target and Walmart.
- Purchase Items: If you prefer to purchase items to support the Nook, our listing above details the products we commonly need. Ideally, we receive name brand, individual items in sizes best for personal use (i.e. we can open a 3-pack of deodorant for individual use, but that is not an option for a 10-pack of toothbrushes in one package).
- Direct Donation: donate any amount to the Nova Nook! Simply enter the amount and write NOVA NOOK as the designated area to support.
We also recognize that it may be easier to mail items/gift cards directly from a store’s website and ask that you please use the following address to send donations to the Nova Nook:
800 Lancaster Ave
Villanova, PA 19085
Thank you again for your support of the Nova Nook! If you have any questions, please contact us.
The Affordable Materials Project (AMP) is a university-wide collaboration between the bookstore, Falvey Library, CASA, VITAL, and the Office of the Provost, all working together to address one of the most pressing issues students face today. Our mission is to provide faculty with resources and options for selecting high quality, affordable course materials and creating student awareness of affordable options for obtaining course materials.
Each semester, Villanova’s Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week collects meal donations from current students who have an active meal plan, which is then moved to the Wildcat Meal Share program.
Students who have the opportunity to participate in the Wildcat Meal Share will receive a small number of meals to be used throughout the semester in our all-you-care-to-eat dining facilities on campus.
*Those who are in need of subsidizing their current food access are encouraged to fill out the above form.