Welcome Class of 2023 (and Welcome Back Returning Students!)
The 2020 - 2021 academic year may look different from years past, with more social distancing and less in-person contact but your Law Librarians are here for you and available for research consults via phone, email or Zoom session weekdays from 9 AM - 5PM (or email for evening or weekend assistance). Students may contact their legal research instructor directly, email email@example.com or stop by the Circulation Desk. Faculty should contact their Library Liaison for assistance.
Our online resources like the Research Guides and Law Databases (including CALI lessons) are always open and available 24/7! You can also search across our online materials (as well as those in Falvey Library's collections) using our Search.Law catalog search.
New for Fall 2020:
- Need remote access to the Bluebook? Free access to the Bluebook online is available - request a 60-day trial key while supplies last! Email Reference for your trial key.
- Check out our Law Library Book Concierge Service personal book retrieval for members of the law school community. New expanded checkout procedures include retrieval of the book, checkout and self-service pickup 24/7 on the first floor of the law library. QR codes/links to the request form are posted throughout the library too.
- Items from our Study Aids section have been moved on to Reserve to limit handling so request them using the Concierge Service form or ask for them at the Circulation Desk. All items on Reserve may now be checked out for one week.
- Reserve a carrel, table or standing desk spot by the hour using our online reservation system. Study rooms are still available too but are now limited to one student at a time to comply with social distancing requirements. NOTE: the reservation site seems to be loading more slowly in Chrome, please try an alternate browser such as Firefox, Safari, Edge, Opera etc. if you experience this issue.
- Two new law librarians joined our staff over the summer - say hello to Jason Happ and John Cannan!
- We've renewed our Procertas subscription--up your tech game and expand your resume by completing training modules for specific legal tasks in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Adobe/PDFs (you even earn badges for LinkedIn!)
- Hey Class of 2020, we haven't forgotten about you! Studying for the bar and/or preparing for your post-graduate job? Check out Post-Graduate Access to Legal Research Accounts.