International students may enroll in selected masters and post master’s certificate programs. Application should be submitted approximately one year prior to the desired date of enrollment. All admission requirements for the graduate program must be met for the program selected in addition to the following:
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended including international universities are required. English translations of transcripts are also required. All transcripts from institutions outside the U. S. must be evaluated by CGFNS Credentials Evaluation Services, full education course by course report http://www.cgfns.org/ or WES ICAP: International Credential Advantage Package http://www.wes.org/students/icap.asp Applications will not be reviewed until Villanova College of Nursing receives the official copy of the CGFNS or WES report. All application materials become the property of the University. Failure to submit transcripts from all educational institutions may be grounds for cancellation of admission.
- Each applicant must document the ability to speak, read and write English as evidenced by satisfactory scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Test information can be obtained at: www.toefl.org and www.ielts.org Students whose native language is English are exempt. For those whose native language is not English, the minimum acceptable scores are:
- Internet-based TOEFL - 83 overall and 26 in Speaking section
- IELTS – 6.5 overall and 7.0 in speaking
- International students applying to a clinical program must have RN licensure in the state of Pennsylvania at the time of application. For information on how to become licensed in Pennsylvania contact the PA State Board of Nursing at: www.dos.state.pa.us/nurse
- International students must present evidence of adequate financial resources to meet the expenses of full-time study, living and travel expenses to and from the Villanova campus.