VSB and the University Career Center work together to provide a multitude of professional development activities that serve to enrich students’ academic experiences and prepare them for success in the profession of their choice. These opportunities allow students to learn about themselves and the business world from practitioners, as well as apply what they’re learning in the classroom to the “real” business world. Take advantage of the many professional development programs and resources that will help you select a major, explore career options, and build your professional portfolio, including:
The Clay Center at VSB and the University Career Center: Partners in Your Success
While there is some overlap, The Clay Center at VSB and the University Career Center each provides a distinct set of services:
The Clay Center at VSB, Bartley Hall 1054
- Relationship of VSB majors/minors to career paths
- Guidance on conducting a business internship search and related resources, including Rise to the Top: Educational Series
- Pursuing an academic credit internship or CoOp program
- Career programs sponsored by the Clay Center at VSB
- Information regarding Student Business Societies
- Meet the Professional Development Team
The University Career Center, Garey Hall 117
- Individual career counseling on choosing a major, conducting an internship/job search, etc.
- Professional skill building instruction on resume writing/review, practice interviewing, networking, job searching and GoNOVA, graduate and professional school search process, etc.
- On-campus interviewing program for summer internship and full-time opportunities
- Career Center-sponsored events
- Meet the University Career Center Team