VSB and the O’Donnell Center for Professional Development work together to provide a multitude of professional development activities that serve to enrich students’ academic experiences and prepare them for success in the profession of their choice. These opportunities allow students to learn about themselves and the business world from practitioners, as well as apply what they’re learning in the classroom to the “real” business world. Take advantage of the many professional development programs and resources that will help you select a major, explore career options, and build your professional portfolio, including:
The O’Donnell Center for Professional Development and the University Career Center: Partners in Your Success
While there is some overlap, The O’Donnell Center for Professional Development and the University Career Center each provides a distinct set of services:
The Clay Center at VSB, Bartley Hall 1054
The University Career Center, Garey Hall 117
- Individual career counseling on choosing a major, conducting an internship/job search, etc.
- Professional skill building instruction on resume writing/review, practice interviewing, networking, job searching and Handshake, graduate and professional school search process, etc.
- On-campus interviewing program for summer internship and full-time opportunities
- Career Center-sponsored events listed in Handshake
- Meet the University Career Center Team