NEW MANAGER BOOTCAMP
Offered Online or in-person as a Custom Corporate Course
Transitioning into a management role is an exciting time in your career and one that is ripe with opportunity for growth. Equip yourself for success as a manager by sharpening your existing skills and learning new ones.
Villanova's New Manager Bootcamp is a rigorous and engaging two-day* professional education experience created for individuals who are new to management positions in the private, public, and non-profit sectors.
This program is ideal for new managers who are looking to strengthen their management skills and strategic perspective and be effective leaders in their organization. In order to be an effective manager and inspiring leader, one must demonstrate an ability to analyze and improve operations and communicate strategically, while also encouraging engagement and promoting collaboration within their teams. In this bootcamp participants will engage in a hands-on, intensive learning experience focused on the development of these foundational management skills. Additionally, it will afford participants a learning environment where they can expand their personal and professional networks while discussing leadership challenges and strategies with peers.
In the highly interactive training, you will learn the foundational elements to develop yourself and those you supervise to reach your potential and theirs. You will learn and apply leadership theories and practices to create your leadership vision and an action plan while you gain an understanding of the vibrant nature of leadership and the necessity of engaging in practices to nurture and sustain yourself and your team members.
You will gain a strong foundation to achieve the following:
- Identify and understand your strengths and weaknesses and then learn how to lead with your strengths while you gain awareness and devise strategies to improve in areas you need to develop
- Learn how to use motivational levers, social styles, and framing models to improve your interactions with your team members and develop your organizational culture
- Examine your communication style and patterns, and recognize ways to refine your style to increase team members’ engagement
- Understand the complexities of organizational change so you can better prepare and help your team members adapt and become more effective change agents
- Develop the ability to coach your team members on how to lead with their strengths and develop in areas they need to improve to achieve their potential
- Create a leadership vision that will motivate, engage, and sustain you and your employees to become a highly effective, dynamic team
- Develop an action plan to implement the ideas from the training in your workplace
|Karen Graziano, J.D., M.A., is a leadership, writing, and communications professor, trainer, consultant, and coach. She specializes in teaching professionals how to maximize their own and their team’s potential by helping them understand strengths and motivation so they can develop a vision and action plan. Karen Graziano LinkedIn Profile|