RECOVERY SPECIALIST CERTIFICATIONS
3 Certification Pathways
Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS)
Certified Family Recovery Specialist (CFRS)
Certified Recovery Specialist Supervisor (CRSS)
The new Recovery Specialist curriculum is for individuals who are seeking the Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS), Certified Family Recovery Specialist (CFRS) or the Certified Recovery Specialist Supervisor (CRSS) credentials.
The curriculum for this in-person course is designed by the PCB to meet the education requirements for certification in this specialty area in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania only. The Villanova instructors teaching in the program are approved trainers through the PCB.
To complete the course, students must attend all 10 class meetings in person.
What is the Role of a Recovery Specialist?
According to the
The Recovery Specialist is a role model, mentor, advocate, and motivator. Recovery Specialists advocate for the individual, the recovery system, recovery-oriented services and assist to identify and reduce stigma. They advocate to eliminate barriers, increase natural supports and build community. Services provided by the Recovery Specialist substantially improve an individual’s and family’s ability to sustain recovery and wellness.
Villanova Application Requirements
- Complete Application
- $50 Application Fee
- In order to qualify to participate in the PA Certification Board classes, you will need to answer YES to the following statements:
- I am comfortable with computers and technology and have reliable access a computer with high speed internet.
- Do you have a personal, lived substance use history and recovery experience? Or you are a family member of someone with a substance use disorder?
- If you were in recovery, do you currently have a minimum of 18 months, in a continuous manner, of recovery experience?
- Are you able to attend the entirety of the in-person requirement (66 hours)?
- Are you able to complete the online homework (12 hours)?
- After students are registered and have paid their deposit, all students are required to create an account with the PA Certification Board (PCB).
The classes that you attend at Villanova University will provide you with the necessary hours of education to sit for the CRS, CFRS and CRSS exams.
Important Notices for Distance Education Students
following includes important information for students participating in
online courses, online programs and/or on-ground clinicals or practicums
while physically located outside of Pennsylvania.
VALUE OF A PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM:
Enhance your resume.
Professional education classes enable you to add new skills, expertise, or credentials to your resume and make you even more valuable to your employer.
Expand your professional network.
Communicating and building relationships with your classmates and instructors can open new doors in your career.
Learn from industry experts.
All programs are taught by instructors who have worked or who are currently working in the field, and who are able to share practical applications and real world examples of topics in the course.