RETURNING STUDENT FINANCIAL AID PROCESS
CURRENT UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
By May 1, Students Must Complete the Following:
The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is the form that you will need to complete in order to apply for Federal and State financial assistance.
Students applying for the 2023-2024 Academic Year
You will need to create a FSA Username and Password to complete the FAFSA if this is the first time you are completing a FAFSA. For step by step instructions on how to create a FSA ID Username and Password please click on the instructions.
- Complete the FAFSA online at: fafsa.ed.gov
- Villanova's College Code number for FAFSA is 003388.
- The deadline to submit the FAFSA is May 1st for Returning Undergraduates Students
- Please note that this is a free application, no payment is required to complete this form.
- To complete the FAFSA on-line or for practice worksheets, go to https://studentaid.gov/
- Complete the entire financial aid process by the deadline which can be viewed on our Key Dates Calendar.
*Please Note: The FAFSA is available starting October 1
In order to obtain a more thorough assessment of your family’s financial position, Villanova University requires the completion of the CSS Profile form for undergraduate students. The results of this form will be used to determine your eligibility for institutional need-based aid.
Students Applying for the 2023-2024 Academic Year
- Complete the CSS Profile online at https://cssprofile.collegeboard.org
- Villanova University CSS Profile Code 2959
- The deadline to submit the CSS Profile is May 1st
- Complete the entire financial aid process by the deadline which can be viewed on our Key Dates Calendar
*Please Note: The CSS Profile is available starting October 1.
Villanova's Office of Financial Assistance MAY request a copy of the 2021 federal tax returns. You only will need to submit the taxes IF notified by our office.
The tax returns that you submit to IDOC must be the final returns that are submitted to the IRS. We cannot accept a draft or estimate.
- If you and/or your parent(s)/stepparent filed an Amended Tax Return (1040X), you must submit the original tax return and the amended tax return.
- If you and/or your parent(s)/stepparent filed a Foreign Tax Return, please submit a signed copy of the tax return with the information translated into English and the currency converted to US Dollars using the exchange rate from the date the FAFSA was filed.
Upon review of the forms listed above, additional information may be requested. You will be notified at that time of what is needed, and how to submit. To ensure that you are aware of the additional information that is being requested, the student should be monitoring their MyNova account and their Villanova e-mail address on a regular basis.
Please allow up to 2 weeks processing time on all documents submitted to IDOC.
Communications from the Office of Financial Assistance
The Office of Financial Assistance sends all correspondence directly to the student using the email provided on the student's admission application. Once a student is enrolled, or has paid their deposit, emails will be sent to the student's Villanova email address. PARENTS, PLEASE NOTE: The Office of Financial Assistance sends all correspondence to the student. The student is responsible for sharing the information with their parents.