LABORATORY FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH
SUPPORTING CUTTING-EDGE RESEARCH
The Laboratory for Advancement of Interdisciplinary Research (LAIR) provides a physical space for VSB faculty and students to conduct research using experiments, surveys, interviews, focus groups and other primary sources. The LAIR will also serve as a resource for course projects that require primary data collection and support other activities that call for cutting-edge research practices.
CAPABILITIES OF THE LAB
- Audio and visual recording equipment for data collection.
- A main area where participants will participate in research studies with an adjacent room for researcher controls such as a central computer and intercom system.
- Mobile tables and chairs, allowing for researchers to have participants sit in any desired arrangement.
- Two monitors for showing videos, a set of laptops, a white board, eye-tracking hardware and software.
HOW FACULTY CAN USE THE LAB
- Conducting research using our subject pool of students enrolled in our Competitive Effectiveness course.
- Holding classes for recording student presentations, gathering data from your students, playing video/music for your students.
HOW STUDENTS CAN USE THE LAB
PARTICIPATE IN A STUDY
“The creation of the this new lab is an essential step in promoting groundbreaking and collaborative research between faculty and students across Villanova.”
-Beth Vallen, PhD, associate professor, Marketing & Business Law