LABORATORY FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH
SUPPORTING CUTTING-EDGE RESEARCH
The Laboratory for Advancement of Interdisciplinary Research (LAIR) provides a physical space for VSB faculty and students to conduct research using experiments, surveys, interviews, focus groups and other primary sources. The LAIR will also serve as a resource for course projects that require primary data collection and support other activities that call for cutting-edge research practices.
CAPABILITIES OF THE LAB
- Audio and visual recording equipment for data collection.
- A main area where participants will participate in research studies with an adjacent room for researcher controls such as a central computer and intercom system.
- Mobile tables and chairs, allowing for researchers to have participants sit in any desired arrangement.
- Two monitors for showing videos, a set of laptops, a white board, eye-tracking hardware and software.
HOW FACULTY CAN USE THE LAB
- Conducting research using our subject pool of students enrolled in our Competitive Effectiveness course.
- Holding classes for recording student presentations, gathering data from your students, playing video/music for your students.
HOW STUDENTS CAN USE THE LAB
PARTICIPATE IN A STUDY
“The creation of the this new lab is an essential step in promoting groundbreaking and collaborative research between faculty and students across Villanova.”
-Beth Vallen, PhD, associate professor, Marketing & Business Law
“The LAIR is an innovative space for VSB faculty to run experiments while students serve as participants, thus helping students see the connection between theory to practice. In turn, students, via their participation, help VSB faculty advance their research in behavioral sciences.” - Daniel Fragiadakis, PhD, assistant professor, Economics