VSB DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STRATEGY
We believe that the most meaningful strategic plan initiative for our entire community is to provide a more diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. During the next five years, we will challenge ourselves to create an inclusive, equitable and diverse community that serves all members and stakeholders with equality, justice and mutual respect.
VSB’S INITIATIVES TO SUPPORT DEI:
- Establish a VSB Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Create a training curriculum for faculty and staff that includes DEI training and actively engages the community in dialogue about DEI topics and issues.
- Ensure a consistent classroom and campus experience for all VSB students.
- Increase representation of underrepresented racial, ethnic, gender, religious, spiritual and other social identities, backgrounds and cultures across faculty, staff and students.
IMPLEMENTING THESE INITIATIVES WILL:
- Bring faculty and staff members up to speed on DEI best practices.
- Provide an enriched learning and social environment for all VSB students, one that values the contributions of underrepresented individuals.
- Enhance a sense of belonging among every member of our community.
- Prepare our community to be supportive and welcoming as we begin to increase the number of underrepresented groups among faculty staff and students.
“Unity, equality and inclusion are ideals the Villanova community knows were taught by Saint Augustine, and recent events have brought an urgent call to action on racial equality."
Chris Gheysens ’93 VSB
Immediate Past Chair, Dean’s Advisory Council
President and CEO, Wawa, Inc.