HONORS PROGRAM: COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
Each year, 10% of incoming Engineering students are selected to the University’s Honors Program. Students interested in Honors should apply to Villanova by November 1 and indicate their interest in Honors on the member section of the Common Application. Following the submission of their Common Application, students will need to submit a written response for the Honors Program through their applicant portal by an established deadline in mid-December. The prompt for this written response will be available through one’s applicant portal.
Ten Honors classes are required to earn an Engineering Honors degree, at least four of which must be in Engineering.
- EGR 1200 Freshmen Project
- EGR 2001 Engineering in the Humanistic Context
- Senior Capstone
- Option 1: Undergraduate Research: CEE 4612, CHE 4831, ECE 5991, ME 5001
- Option 2: Capstone Design: CEE 4606, CHE 4232/CHE 4202, ECE 4972, ECE 4973 or ME 5006 taken in conjunction with EGR 4007
- Other contracted Engineering course (must be approved by professor and Director of University Honors Program before the start of the semester)
- Graduate-level course (senior year with permission, must be used toward undergraduate degree and may not count toward a graduate degree)
- Ancients and Moderns (ACS 1000/1001)
- Faith, Reason and Culture (THL 1000)
- Knowledge, Reality, Self (PHL 1000)
- The Good Life (ETH 2050)
- Humanities, Social Science, and Math Electives
In addition to completing all course requirements, students must achieve a minimum 3.33 cumulative GPA to earn the Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Honors.
Honors students will develop a plan of study through their primary academic adviser in the College of Engineering, as well as through the University Honors program. Special consideration is given to Honors students when applying for the INNOVATE: The L3Harris Summer Program. Additional opportunities exist for presenting work completed as part of the Honors program.