Our Mission Statement
The Center for Access, Success and Achievement aims to recruit, retain, and graduate underrepresented, first generation, and Pell Eligible students through holistic support in a culturally diverse and academically excellent environment.
Our goal is to maintain successful retention by providing students with a sense of belonging in a nurturing environment, opportunities for self-realization and personal development, and holding them accountable for working to the best of their abilities.
As a multifaceted center, CASA houses a number of resources, such as scholarships, tutoring, academic counseling, and life coaches that provide access to success. In addition, our office coordinates programing throughout the year to promote self-care, self-actualization, and self-advocacy. To accomplish these goals, we partner with local units, resources, and Villanova departments to provide coordinated care and support.
- Providing student-focused academic and personal support through programming, professional and academic mentoring, and peer to peer mentoring.
- Promoting student growth and accountability.
- Creating a campus environment in keeping with Villanova's Augustinian, Catholic values, and which adheres to the University's core values: Veritas, Unitas, and Caritas.
- Developing student proficiency in self-advocacy, and fluency in university resources.
- Promoting greater visibility and awareness of issues facing underrepresented students on campus.
- Providing a safe, open space, in which current CASA students feel free to interact with peers, graduate students, and professional staff.
- Facilitating seamless access to textbooks and other academic materials through our lending library and affiliated programs.