Our students are the future. Their engineering achievements, along with their knowledge of the humanities, will have a positive impact on society. All undergraduate engineering students, like all undergraduate students at Villanova University, complete a core humanities curriculum as part of their required course work. As a result, graduates of the College of Engineering learn important communication skills and ideology that ground their technical knowledge in an ethical and human framework.
The College's Vision for Undergraduate Students
- Apply scientific and mathematical concepts and principles to solve real-world problems
- Understand the fundamentals of mathematics, physical sciences and the scientific method
- Identify and define a problem, develop and evaluate alternative solutions, and create one or more designs to solve the problem
- Communicate ideas and information effectively
- Develop self-motivation to acquire knowledge and continue the learning experience
- Become an effective member of a project team
- Maintain high professional and ethical standards
The College's Vision for Graduate Students
Graduate programs within the College of Engineering build upon the distinctive tradition and national reputation of Villanova University. We offer a superior education experience for both the full-time student and the part-time working professional engineer through M.S. and Ph.D. programs that offer a multitude of opportunities:
- Balanced Curriculum with coursework grounded both in engineering fundamentals and engineering applications.
- Thesis and Non-Thesis routes to the M.S. degree, allowing customization of programs to fit the student’s goals, from research oriented to practice oriented.
- Diverse Research Opportunities allowing students to conduct leading edge research as part of their M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in our world class laboratories and research centers.
- State of the art Distance Learning program offering the opportunity to earn an on-line M.S. degree in many key technology areas.
- Full-time and Part-time Ph.D. program with flexibility for both on and off-campus coursework, research opportunities in all core engineering disciplines, and options to create a multi-disciplinary Ph.D. experience.