The major goal of a Villanova engineering education is: "To provide students with the opportunity to develop a greater technical competence in the chosen area of study." The engineering faculty strives to develop a professional attitude in students; namely, the desire to grow intellectually through the continual search for and use of knowledge, and the motivation to become active, articulate and socially aware citizens. The College of Engineering is committed to its responsibility to develop, collect and disseminate new knowledge in the engineering field and related areas.
Highlights of Our Programs
The College of Engineering offers disciplines in the fields of chemical engineering, civil and environmental engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering.
- Our Undergraduate Program offers bachelor degrees in all five disciplines.
- Our Five-Year Program offers combined bachelor and master's degrees in all 5 disciplines as well as Water Resources, Environmental Engineering, and Sustainable Engineering.
- Our Graduate Program offers master's degrees in all five disciplines as well as Water Resources and Environmental Engineering.
- Our Doctoral Program offers a Ph.D. in Engineering. Research/thesis topics are based upon the mutual interest of the student and their faculty advisor. Example areas of study include: Thermal Management of Electronics, Robotic and Electromechanical Systems, Automotive Systems, Signal Processing, Radar, Communications Systems, Environmental Protection, and Biotechnology.
- Our Distance Education Program offers four full online degrees as well as two online certificates.